On Wed I took Beanie to the local fire station to pick pumpkins.
Actually let me back back up....
Last weekend, which turned out to be quite nice, I did some internet searches for Fall activities. I knew that one of the local fire station does a nice pumpkin patch. We had gone there last year. I saw that the pumpkins were coming in on the weekend.
On Sunday, we went out to Wal.Mart since I needed some printer ink and a few odds and ends. After shopping we went out to lunch since I had promised Beanie we would eat out in a restaurant. After lunch she was not ready to go home so I decided to surprise her (and my Mom who was with us) by going to the fire station.
Well, the surprise was on us since due to some rain the earlier day the pumpkins were delayed.
Bummer!
But it was cute since the rest of the day Beanie kept asking me "mama...why the pumpkins were deleted?", she was trying to say delayed...so adorable!
Anyways, on Tue I had a work trip to FL and I decided to make it a day trip - super long and exhausting day since I woke at 3:30am and Beanie refused to go back to sleep, so we were awake since that time. I had an 8:30am flight which I nearly missed since there was a wreck on the freeway. I barely made the flight and got home by 8pm.
On Wed I decided that since it was a beautiful day I would take Beanie to the pumpkin patch. She was so excited and told her teachers about it. I picked her up early at 3pm and we went there. She had a blast picking up pumpkins and deciding what she wanted. She got to see fire trucks and wave to the firemen.
We came home and washed the pumpkins and she set them up by the door. As I was picking the large pumpkin my foot tapped a smaller one that rolled down the driveway and started rolling down the street. Yikes! Luckily it went under my Mom's car that was parked on the street so I was able to salvage it. It was pretty funny!
This weekend I want to take Beanie to a farm about 30 min away that has a petting zoo. Unfortunately its only open on Sat/Sun and tomorrow it is supposed to rain all day and Sunday there are open from 1-6pm but we have a dinner at my sis's that night so it may be too much to skip the afternoon nap.
Maybe another weekend....
My Dad is going in for back surgery next week so my Mom will be unavailable to come with us. I like her to accompany us on long drives since Beanie gets antsy otherwise. Hopefully that place is open until Nov!
I have taken Monday off from work. Beanie has no school so I wanted to spend time with her.
Hope you all have a nice weekend!

So cute!! So many fun Fall activities to do with Beanie. I love the Fall and hope to join you in the future (in parallel from our respective locations :). Your job is certainly high-level with lots of responsibilities, and I admire how you juggle demands of work and motherhood.
ReplyDeleteWe had a few fall activities planned for our daughter too (apple picking, pumpkin patch, etc) but I think she is a bit too young now but reading your post gives me something to look forward to next year. And Beanie looks like such a little star!!! I hope you can make it to the farm with a petting zoo. It will be an interesting experience to read about.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to go to the pumpkin patch with my Little. I'm glad you were able to make it to the fire station. Beanie is just adorable. I love the sunglasses...we have a similar pair.
ReplyDelete