Its been a pretty crazy week, and I am hoping for a better weekend than the week we have just had.
Last weekend was a lost weekend. Beanie had a cold. She was sent home from school on Friday after she threw up her lunch. I was having a tooth/gum ache after my dental procedure earlier in the week. So we stayed home on the weekend, with me taking ibuprofen and praying that my gumache was not an indication for the need for a root canal:-( I HATE dental procedures, they never go well for me.
Monday, bright and early, I called the dentist to have my tooth/gum looked at. She could only get me in at 9:40am, which meant hurrying Beanie to get dressed, dress myself, drop Beanie to school. Only to find a fire truck blocking the lane to the main road that leads to her school. Luckily they were still allowing traffic, so we got in. I dropped her to school but decided to take a new (and long) way back out to the dentist. By some miracle, and believing for sure I was lost at one point, I reached in time.
They said it was the gum area where the shot was given and he put me on some high does Ibuprofen for the inflammation. Of course getting the prescription was a whole other story. I then go to pick up Beanie at 4pm but leave earlier since by going to the dentist I missed my morning grocery run. After picking up some milk and eggs, I find out the road to the school is now totally closed. WTF!!! Are you kidding me!!! So I had to take yet another route to and fro.
Tuesday I worked all morning since I had a lot of office work (and housework) to catch up on and then took Beanie to her 2 1/2 year check up. It went well. The pediatrician checked out her ears etc and all looked good.
Thursday I had a super busy day scheduled. First I had to pick up my Mom from work at 11:15 which I thought was 11am, so I was there way too early. Then at 2pm just as I a getting on a work call, Beanie's teacher calls my cell. Last Friday I got the call that she had thrown up and I brought her back early. When I saw the caller ID, I was thinking "no, please not today!!!". Her teacher said that Beanie was crying that she missed her Mama and later woke from sleep crying saying her ear and head hurt.
There was no way I could not take my 2pm call. My day was double booked and my Dad was not available to pick her up. She did not have a fever so I told her teacher they would just have to console her for a bit. As you can imagine, it was hard tying to concentrate at work. Luckily, my 2pm customer was a "no show", so at 2:20 I decided to leave. I know the kids are napping so texted the teacher to see if maybe Beanie was better. She texted back a while later to say - no she is crying and looks to be in pain.
That was it!
I told my boss I would be late for my 3pm call and headed out to pick her up. When I get there she is outside sitting calmly eating her snack. Her teacher says she improved once they came outside. I brought her home and she played with my Mom while I got back on my 3pm call about 6 min late. At about 3:40 I went in to check on them and Beanie again said her ear hurt.
I took the executive decision to take her into the doctor right then and there, not waiting it out. I gave her some Tylenol, got a 4:30 pm appt and started getting ready. I had a 4pm call (I had overbooked myself) which I had pushed to 5pm but I had to cancel with the customer.
We headed to the pediatrician. We waited a long time, but it was worth it since Beanie did have a left ear infection! Smart girl, she was saying her left ear hurt. It was not too bad (not red or bulging) but enough to get her on antibiotics. Came home, she was cranky with no nap at school, but otherwise okay.
By night I was exhausted!
Some of my work day got messed since I had over- booked my calendar which caused all that juggling of calls. And to add to all this, my work email was having issues, so I had to keep rebooting my laptop every few hours.
I had a glass of wine and felt a bit more relaxed.
Today when I picked up Beanie she was playing and then in the car told me her head hurt. What??? Its probably a sinus/ear thing per Dr Google. Her pediatrician did not comment much when I mentioned the head yesterday.
Gosh, I just hope we can ride out the weekend with no drama.
I have a work trip on Tuesday, hoping Beanie is well by then.
I am exhausted both physically and mentally!
Oh no! I hope you had a nice, calm, relaxing weekend and that Beanie is feeling better!
ReplyDeleteI hope Beanie is doing better and that you had a chance to rest a little bit.
ReplyDeletePhew! What a week! Those crazy kind of weeks do me in every time
ReplyDelete