Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mommy Luncheon

Today I had lunch with two of the Mommies from Beanie's school. The same two ladies we went berry picking with last week.

As I had mentioned earlier, during our berry picking outing, one of the Moms had suggested lunch and I decided to jump on the opportunity and suggested we meet today. I had taken a day off from work so it was perfect to have something fun to do and not have to rush back. The day suited both the other Moms as well. We went to a new sushi place that has opened in our Town.

I had a really nice time!

I enjoyed sitting and talking with these two ladies and getting to know them. Both are professionals and one of them works in an industry I worked in years ago so the conversation flowed very smoothly.

One of the lady (A) has a daughter a little older than Beanie. They were both in the same infant daycare so I have seen A and talked with her many times and always wanted to befriend her. Its cute because Beanie's is very fond of A's daughter and calls her "her friend".

The other lady (V) I met in this school and whose daughter's birthday party we went to earlier this year. We have already decided to meet up again in a couple of weeks.

I had hoped that with Beanie I would be able to increase my social circle a bit. I live in a very family oriented city. As a single person it has been nearly impossible to find anyone in my age range who is not married with kids. I am enjoying being able to meet new people.

There is one other Mom has asked me if I wanted to meet up for lunch, but she just had her second baby and I doubt she will have the time to get together.

We plan to go blueberry picking with the kids in a couple of weeks and meet up for lunch again before the school summer break in July.








3 comments:

  1. I need to get E out more since her play dates will be ending as of this week with school being out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a nice lunch. I never thought I would say this but playdates and mommy luncheons are fun. I've become friends with a couple of moms who have babies around Layla's age. It's been nice to hang out with them, either with or without the kiddos. Blueberry picking sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for making new friends! I wouldn't count out the mom with the new baby. I bet she would love a relaxed lunch out someday.

    ReplyDelete