After the rocky start to our weekend (see previous post) things turned out better and we ended up having a good time.
When Beanie woke from her nap after the Sat meltdown, we snuggled and "talked" in bed about what happened. She said that "mine cry in the park" and I asked her why. I let her tell me and then explained why we left and how the swing cannot go any faster and higher. We went downstairs for snack and I decided to continue with our plan of going to my parent's house.
They had bought her a tricycle and I wanted her to see it.
She has been wanting a "cycle" with a "special hat" for a few weeks now. She loved the cycle although she cannot pedal, but likes to move it with her legs. She will pedal if someone is pushing her but otherwise is happy to move it around with her feet. She has a car that moves that way so she is used to it. She also got a book and played with the cat. Then we decided to go out for pizza. I had planned a dinner at an Italian restaurant but with graduation that Friday I figured it would be packed and did not want to deal with another tantrum.
We enjoyed pizza and sat outside by Beanie's request which was lovely. We then went back to my parents house where my Mom insisted she get a "treat" of ice cream with sprinkles. I don't keep ice cream in my home so its an indulgence she only gets at grandma's.
Sunday morning was spent in doing yard work.
I put in sod around my tree in the front yard. The shade has killed the grass so I had the tree pruned about a month ago and decided to do the sod myself. I totally miscalculated the amount of sod I needed so ended up having to make another trip to the garden center (all muddy) mid-way through my project. Beanie was trying to help but made things move a lot slower than normal. She wanted to rake and then to put the top soil and this and that. I kept giving her small jobs to do which kept her busy. Then I took her (and my Dad) back to the store to get more sod. She enjoyed eating her yogurt sitting on the lawn watching me sweat it out :-)
Not sure what we did Sunday night -- oh I remember we went to Target.
Yes, I needed to do a big Target run and it was only about 4:30pm when we woke from our nap. I told Beanie we would go but she had to sit in the cart and not get off. She got it since she repeated after me "I sit in cart - no get off". I told her I did not want any fussing or crying. She agreed. Then my Mom called and said would come along too. Beanie was good as her word and did not get off the cart and was well behaved right until we were back at the car and she decided she wanted to "go back to store, only one more time". But I distracted her with the prospect of going home and playing with bubbles so we averted any drama.
Today was another busy day!
I needed more sod to cover some partially bald spots that were looking odd next to the area with the new sod. So right after breakfast, we picked up my Dad (so he could sit in the car with Beanie as I went to the store) and bought another 15 pieces of sod. Came home put it down, cleaned up my car and then we got dressed for our Memorial Day lunch on the deck
Beanie was so excited and kept saying she was "ready for the party". She wore a cute US flag red/white and blue dress. Its was funny because I think she expected other people to show up, namely my niece and nephew to come but it was just my parents and I.
We ate hot dogs. Beanie got a few small pieces of hot dog which she ate for the first time today but said she did not really like it! Then we had corn on the cob which she loved, baked beans, some chips (which she never gets) and watermelon. She did not like the potato salad. It was nice sitting on the deck with my parents, eating and having a glass of wine. Beanie was sweet and fun.
Later my Mom insisted that Beanie have some ice cream since it was a holiday (what again?? I said with horror!!!). But being a grandma I guess is all about indulgence so anyway, Beanie got some "ice with sprinkles" and could not believe her luck.
So, overall its been a nice weekend!
Hope you all had a fun weekend too!
That does sound nice...except all that hard work sodding, lol!! Glad the weekend redeemed itself.
ReplyDelete