Saturday, June 6, 2015
Week recap
Last weekend I ended up having to take Beanie to urgent care.
She woke up on Sat with some awful bug bites on her arms and legs, about 8 in total. They were not there Friday when I bathed her at night but she probably got bit sometime on Friday evening. She was itchy all day Saturday and I thought it was just mosquito bites, but by Sat night they were looking odd and I felt we needed to have them looked at. On Sunday I took her in. I thought it may be some spider bite or something. She seemed to have had a mild allergy to whatever bit her and they were getting infected so she was put on antibiotic for Impetigo and a topical cream. The pediatrician was glad I brought her in and so was I. I kept her home from school on Monday simply so I could monitor her bites and make sure they were getting better and not worse. She is much better now and the bites are healing well.
The rest of the week is a blur of work and housework. On Tuesday I had a bit of time before work in the morning so I spent an hour cleaning up my back yard - pruning back some trees and shrubs. It looks great now! On Thursday I managed to slip out at lunch for a yoga class. I have not been in over a month and really enjoyed it. I REALLY miss my weekly yoga!!!
This weekend has been really fun so far.
Yesterday I did not feel like cooking dinner so decided to take Beanie to eat Chinese or as she calls its "food from China". We were going to do a takeout but she wanted to eat in so I obliged. She enjoyed eating and was sweet and fun.
Later, when we sat in the car she said she wanted to go to "puppy kitties" as in the pet store. I told her it was dinner time and the puppy kitties were sleeping so then she says"I want to go to Target".
Ummm... what....you know Target?!
I asked her what she wanted to do in Target, she said "mine buy bubbles" and declared she wanted a pink one. So off to Tar,get we went. I told her we were only going to get the bubbles and she agreed to stay in the cart. We got some bubbles and headed home to play with them. She loves bubbles but I am getting so bored of it to be honest!
Today had been a really wonderful day - the type of day I dreamed of before becoming a Mom.
Beanie and I had a really fun morning at home playing and around 11am headed out to a park with a small lake. I like this park because it has a play area that is entirely shaded. With the heat and humidity we have here a shaded park is ideal. It also has a small lake with a gazebo and ducks and geese so quite entertaining.
Beanie had a blast at the park. Its so cute how excited she gets as soon as I open the car door t get her out, Its like she can hardly contain her excitement. We fed the ducks and then she played on the slide and ran around having so much fun. We then walked to the gazebo and had a snack picnic, and later went back and played in the park.
After that we went to my parents place. Beanie played with the cat while I had my lunch. She said her tummy was full after eating her big snack at the park. We came home and she (and I) napped for 2 hours - bliss!
Tonight we went out for dinner with my parents to an Italian restaurant. My boss had told me to go out for a nice dinner with my family and expense it to the company since I have been putting in really long work hours the past month due to some staff leaving. I had planned a dinner date with a girl friend which got cancelled so we decided it was the perfect evening for a family dinner. Beanie enjoyed herself and behaved really well.
Now she is out like a light and I am wondering what we should do tomorrow :-) I have scheduled my dinner with my girl friend for tomorrow nigh so that may be a nice relaxed evening for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry about the bug bites!! But I am glad you got her to the doctor!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had such a nice weekend! I love it when it all comes together.
Don't you love those perfect days!
ReplyDeletethe bug bites sound worrisome for sure. Glad you had them looked at
The bug bites sounded scary. I'm glad she is okay now.
ReplyDeleteI love it too when days just go smoothly. I totally understand when you talk about the type of day you dreamed of before becoming a mom. I LOVE those days ;)