Tuesday, May 19, 2015

What we have been up to?

I realized its been a while since I blogged so I wanted to give some quick updates on stuff we have been up to the past week.

On Wed I got a speeding ticket - outside the high school no less! The same road where I was rear ended and my car totalled.

What is with that damn road and me!!!!

I had seen cops at the bottom of the road for about 10 days and always pointed them out to Beanie. But that day I was running late and frankly just not paying attention.  In my defense, school had not even let out yet, I was the only car on the road and there was not a soul anywhere around, not even a mouse, so I was not endangering anyone.

I saw them, slammed my brakes, but I knew I was done for. I was unfortunately considerably above the limit which was 25mph for that time in the afternoon.  :-(

Got a ticket.

I tried to talk him out of giving in but he said he had to because it was the school zone and people had apparently complained which is why he was staked out there. He did however lowered my speed a bit so I did not get a point on my license. That was nice of him.

Oh well.....sucks... but whatever! I shall pay the ticket and move on!

We had a great weekend - well Beanie had a blast!!

We went to two parks, ate lunch out on Sunday just the two of us which was so much fun and went to the pet store. She also got to play with a kid who visits my neighbor and who is her "friend".  They played for over an hour outside on Sat evening and she had  blast with bubbles, water, chalk and badminton.

Tomorrow I have a guy coming in to clean the gutters and windows in and out. I have not had the windows done in a couple of years so it will be nice.

Today when changing the air filter in my downstairs heat pump I noticed the filter was wet.

Huh!!!

I put in a new one and will recheck on it in a day to see if its damp. Otherwise will need to call a HVAC company to take a look. I don't like the idea of anything being wet in my air system. Its probably something is not draining as its supposed to, but I don't want to ignore it.

And last but not least. Beanie and I are planned to go on a "play date" tomorrow for strawberry picking with a school friend and her Mom. We had gone one Saturday only to find out all the berries were gone. Then we scheduled it for last Friday. Just on an off chance I called them around lunch time and they said they were all out of berries!

I am hoping third time is a charm.

I don't plan to say anything to Beanie until I pick her up at school and know for sure we are going there!!!





1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the ticket! I think you need to avoid that road. :)

    Hopefully you'll find a place for berry picking! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete