On Sunday, Beanie and I went to our first birthday party.
It was the 3rd birthday party of one of her former classmates. I say "former" because the girl is now three years old and has moved from Beanie's "toddler" class to the primary class.
I was really excited when we got the invite about a month ago. I knew it would be a wonderful experience for Beanie and it was a great opportunity for me to chat with the other Moms. I usually talk to them, but its always rushed since we are picking/dropping kids.
I was also a bit nervous since the party was in the afternoon - 2:30pm to 4:30pm which is Beanie's nap time. But I RSVP'd "Yes"...hoping that Beanie would not be sick since I wanted her to have the experience especially since she is so into "parties" these days.
We had a lovely time.
She looked super cute in her red dress and white tights with a big bow on her hair.
The party was at a local toy store, but to my surprise they had a huge indoor play area at the back. They had slides, trampoline, swings, etc.
Beanie had a blast!!
At first when we got there, she saw her best friend in the trampoline and wanted to go inside. She was there for a couple of minutes but then I saw her face crumple. I got her out and she clung to me like a baby lemur. Later she wanted to bac in -- and wow - she LOVED it. She was jumping and falling and laughing, It was so cute to see.
We also played on the swings and the slides. The slides were very "fast" so I had to catch her as she came down so she did not just shoot off the end.
I enjoyed chatting with the other Moms and getting to know them.
They had pizza to eat and later Beanie had a cupcake. She got her first taste of chocolate frosting. She also got a small toy car as a back present along with a cookie.
They also had a pinata, so while the other kids were still trying to figure out what to do, Beanie was very diligently filling her baggie with candy. Not sure where that bag is....she does not eat chocolate so I guess those are all for me!
Overall it was a lot of fun! I am also glad to have seen that place since apparently one can go there anytime and play for a small charge. Given its either too cold or too hot here, it is a great alternative to going to the park.
Sounds like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteAnd what a great find in that play area. :)
Sounds like great fun!! Glad you both had such a great time!
ReplyDelete