If you recall a few posts ago I had decided to avoid the family Christmas celebration due to my sister's weird behavior. After a few days of stewing over it, I decided that Beanie and I would attend since it would mean a lot to my parents. All last year they kept saying how fun it would be to have a baby at Christmas this year.
Given it was a dinner on X'Mas Eve, I decided to dress Beanie in her Christmas jammies since I figure she would be asleep fairly soon after I got there. She goes to bed at 6:30pm normally.
Well, she took a great long nap that afternoon so we got lucky and she was amazing!! She was cheerful and friendly, even siting on my niece's lap. She had her bedtime milk and then sat in her high chair while we ate dinner, behaving really well.
She then stayed up while we opened her gifts first. She was so cute grabbing at the tissue paper. Then after her gifts were done, my Mom took and and she was asleep in a flash. I had carried her Rock n Play so she slept there while we had dessert and opened gifts.
She did get cranky (who wouldn't?) when I had to wake her at 10:30om to go home, but when we got back, after a quick diaper change, she was fast asleep quickly.
Everyone was impressed with how much she enjoyed herself and it made our evening so much better than if she had been tired or cranky.
Gold star for Beanie!
Next day I had my traditional Christmas brunch. Beanie wore her Christmas dress and everyone came over around 11:30pm. My sis bought some ham from the night before and my Mom made her Mac n Cheese to add to the stuff I had prepared.
It was actually pretty easy to put the party together even with Beanie scurrying around all morning and coming into the kitchen and grabbing my pant legs to be picked up.
My BIL played with Beanie and even kissed her head when he left - so sweet!
My sis did not do anything in terms of picking her or anything loving. At one point the night before she was standing near Beanie, who very sweetly reached out and touched her, so at that point she held her hand. Better than nothing I guess!
Beanie got nice gifts from my parents of course and my sis (and BIL). Even my niece and nephew pitched in to buy her a toy which I thought was sweet.
Overall it was a good Christmas. My parents were so happy to have everyone there so that was wonderful.
We don't have any plans for NYE.
Normally we would do cocktails and snacks at my sister's but this year she is not doing anything since her kids have other plans. My parents will come over tomorrow for take-out dinner and I guess I shall watch the ball drop by myself ..... if I am awake :-)
Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!!
| In my jammies on Christmas morning wondering what Santa got me! |
Sounds like a good holiday! :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to read that your holidays turned out well. Wow, it's so exciting seeing Beanie looking so grown up! Lovely picture. Best wishes for the New Year to you, Beanie and your family.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it went so well. I think it's best to keep flexible with our plans because you never know how things are going to turn out. Happy new year.
ReplyDeletehappy new year, business & beanie!!
ReplyDeleteShe's getting SO big! It sounds like a lovely holiday - I'm so glad you'll have such sweet memories of Beanie's first Christmas.
ReplyDeleteGlad that things worked out well for you.
ReplyDeleteVery glad your christmas was so nice & drama free. A perfect 1st christmas to remember!
ReplyDelete