Thursday, December 26, 2013

9 Months!

My sweet Beanie turned 9 months today!

Its a big milestone since its means she has been out in the world an equal length of time now as she spent gestating within me.

Sigh - time flies so fast.

This month has been about some big milestones:
  1. Crawling now at high speed and with confidence. Its amazing how she will go into dark rooms (e.g. my closet) with no trepidation.
  2. She started pulling up to stand and is now standing steadily holding on to things. In fact standing is her most favorite thing to do right now. She will wake up from sleep to sit up in bed and stand!
  3. She has advanced enough to be able to stand just holding on with one hand and waving her other arm like a ballerina :-)  She has on occasion let go both hands and can stand for a couple of seconds before falling on her bottom.
  4. Two days ago while sitting with my Dad on the stairs she decided to climb then to get to some papers I had laying there. Guess I need those baby gates ASAP!
  5. She is babbling up a storm and hold conversations.
  6. She is smart as a whip and understands everything! Its amazing how much is being absorbed without me even knowing it. She understands commands such as "lift up your hands" when I am putting the high chair seat, or "look over there" or "where is the Christmas tree?". In the mornings when I ask her "is it light out?" she will look towards the windows.
She loves the daycare and enjoys going there. She will be starting there three day a week soon. She is still getting sick but that seems to come with the territory, she does like the interaction with the other kids at the daycare. I know that after a few days of being at home, she enjoys going there.

So much to more say but its late, so I will stop for now.

Her smiles and laughter fill me with a joy beyond compare.
Love you, Beanie!

6 comments: