Here is what she is doing now:
- Batting at toys when laying down on her play mat. Last week she was just wildly swinging at them and sometimes hitting a toy. Now she focuses and bats what she intends to. Much less random actions. Very cool!
- She is now able to suck her thumb. She has been trying this for a long time, since she was a few weeks old. In utero she always had her hands by her mouth. Now she can put her fist in, but since a couple of days ago she is getting good at putting her right thumb in. She is an equal opportunity sucker since she can do the left one at times to.
- She is definitely going to be right handed since that is the hand she prefers to bat toys with
- The Biggest accomplishment this week - she rolled over yesterday!!! At first I though it was a fluke. Then a few minutes later she did it again landing on her stomach this time with her arm stuck underneath. There she got stuck and started crying. She has not rolled over since, but I know she will be doing it soon enough.
- Normally when we feed her with a bottle (formula or BM) we stop occasionally to give her a break and also to burp her. Now she does not allow us to take the bottle out, she pushes back my hand or holds the bottle.
It is amazing to see how each day - each 24 hr period - her skills develop. She "talks" a lot and really loudly at times.
Sleep wise we are still nowhere even close sleeping though the night :-(
Her night feed is at about 7pm which is formula. She goes down about 8:8:30pm, and wakes up about 12:30, then 3:30 then 5am and finally 7-7:30am. The time between the 3-5am feed has been rough the past few days, not sure why, since she is restless and making loud sounds and wants binky, then does not want to be swaddled etc. So, its up and down. My Mom stayed over last night and took her at 5:30am so I could get a solid 3 hrs of sleep - amazing!
Beanie has graduated to her crib (yay!) which has been moved into my room. She is too small to be in her own room, although my intent was by 3 mos she should be. I think waking up multiple times is a lot easier if we are close by. Plus I can eyeball her when she is restless at night. She likes her crib and adores her mobile. She is allowing me to swaddle her to avoid startling herself awake.
I bough her several toys last week which she is enjoying hanging from her play mat. Need to buy some stuff off Amazon now, including Sofi.e the Giraffe.
We are battling cradle cap right now. Poor baby gets her noggin scrubbed gently with olive oil and washed every day. But she is being a trooper. We seem to have a handle on it, I think.
Today she actually let me file her nails when awake.
In other news...
My tooth with the root canal feels better. I can actually eat from that side finally. Not hard stuff but most things. So I am hoping that when the root canal is completed I will be good to go.
Today I took my Dad to Re.d Lob.ster for Father's Day. It was just my Dad and I, but we took pics with Dad, Beanie and I earlier. Beanie cried throughout....this kid will have all her baby pictures with either a binky in her mouth or with a crying face. Guess a career in modeling is not in her future!
The food was awesome, and I ate lobster which I normally avoid (think its cruel how its cooked). Anyways after I came back home, I got nervous if I can eat lobster and breastfeed....so will just pump today and give her formula tonight until I can check with my Ped office in the AM. Don't want her having an allergic reaction in the middle of the night.
Well, hope you all had a nice weekend!!
What great developments! Glad you all had a lovely weekend!
ReplyDeleteCan't believe Beanie is already 11 weeks! It's nice to hear of Beanie's developments!
ReplyDeleteThe development is amazing. I hope she figures out sleeping through the night soon. Glad the tooth is getting better too.
ReplyDelete