Today was a really great day with Beanie, schedule-wise.
As I mentioned I have been wanting to get her on a schedule of sorts, but had decided to just go with the flow and let it happen organically and it appears to be happening.
The past three nights she has slept a straight 7-8 hour stretch!
She goes down about 8pm and has woken at around 3:30-4am for a feed and then back down until about 6-6:30am. Which means two nights ago, I got my first 5-hour stretch of sleep after 3 months.
Awesome!
Today was even better and went like this:
6:30am - Woke up and had a small formula feed
7-8am - Played and cuddled with me on the bed
8-8:45am - Took a nap, while I worked on my computer
9:15 -9:45am - We went down after I was dressed and we played on her play mat, while I ate breakfast and checked emails
9:45am - Had a full breast milk feed
10:00am - Nanny arrived and changed her out of her jammies (gives her something to do!)
10:30 - 11:30am - Played with the nanny, read books
11:30-12:15 -Took a nap
12:30pm - Had a full breast milk feed (lunch)
1:00-1:30pm - Played with the nanny
1:30pm - Had a bath
2-3:45pm -Took her long nap in her crib. I tried it on Sunday and it really helped to put her in the crib, rather than the playpen in the living room.
3:45pm - Had a full breast milk feed, nanny left
4:15-4:30pm - Snoozed some more
5:00 -6:00pm - Played with me and my Mom who stopped by
6-6:30pm - Took a short nap
6:30-6:45pm - Played with me and we read books
6:45-7:15pm - Had a full formula feed (dinner)
7:30pm - Got into jammies, had a wash and we cuddled
8:00p: In crib listening to the mobile and Glow Seahorse
8:00-8:15pm: Fussed a bit
8:15pm: Asleep
I usually put her in the crib awake and stay in the room, but completely out of her line of sight until she is asleep. She fusses a bit out of tiredness and when the binky falls out, but other than me putting the binky back in 1-2 times, she puts herself to sleep. I have been swaddling her which has really helped and she does not fight it now as much.
Based on the last few nights, I expect her to sleep until about 1:30ish when she wakes and takes the binky and goes down for another couple of hours until about 3am.
We shall see....
But it was really cool today to see us get to this 6-9-12-3-6 schedule.
Of course it could all change tomorrow and probably will...but still its worth a blog post!
I like how you have so much playtime with Beanie. It's so beneficial!
ReplyDeleteHoping she is able to find a schedule that works with mom.
ReplyDeleteShe seems to be just about the right age for a schedule to be setting in. Fingers crossed that it does, and you continue to get some real sleep, too!
ReplyDelete