I had my monthly MFM appt yesterday.
I have to admit I was very nervous the entire weekend and tried to take my mind off the appt. by keeping busy and doing some more organization around the house. I also tried to stay away from coverage of the recent tragic events. Its just too sad to even try to comprehend.
The appointment went well.
Beanie is measuring on track and weighs 1lb 8oz which is right in the 50th percentile. The doctor looked at all the usual items, such as amniotic fluid, placental blood flow, cord blood flow, heart, spine, kidneys. It all looked normal.
It was a huge relief.
I know that each month I will have the same anxiousness, but for now I am relieved.
Continuing to stay positive and not think too much about "what ifs".
In other news, I finally bought myself a new phone. My landline phone has been on its last legs for months. I use it for work everyday and it has being doing okay, until Friday when it finally went dead. I tried to jiggle the battery and all sorts of things, eventually breaking off a bit of it.
So it was off to the shops to look for a new cordless phone. Now there are phones a-plenty but very few have a headset port. I mean VERY few, and they all have multiple handsets which I really do not need. Finally I found one at Best Buy.
I came home opened it. Nope none of the THREE handsets had a port.
Darn, I must have picked up the wrong model.
So next day I go off to BB again, and this time open the box to check the contents before I come home so I don't have to drive back.
I plug the phone into the power switch and the light on the base unit does not come on. Then I realize the fuse had gone, and as soon as I pressed the little fuse button on the wall switch, it worked.
Then I tried my old phone, which worked too. But I had by then broken it to the point where the battery cover could not go back.
Oh well!
At least I have a new phone now and with three (3) handsets, can have a phone handy all over the place :-)
Baby sounds pretty normal. I think the trend is going to continue this way.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear Baby is doing well!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on a great MFM appt!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the great MFM appointment! Glad all is well with little bean! What phone did you buy at Best Buy? I didn't know they had cordless with headset ports! That would be awesome for when I work from home too!
ReplyDeletePanasonic KX-TG4733 6.0 Plus Digital Cordless Answering System. It comes with three handsets that all have the headset port. Works with my wired headset.
DeleteMy previous phone had the headset jack and I had to replace it with another phone about two years ago. At the time none had the jack on them. Maybe when this set dies I'll get the model I prefer. Handsfree is nice but headset jack with a belt clip is best.
ReplyDeleteSo glad Beanie is doing well. Only a few more monthly appointments to 'dread' and she'll be here. Can you believe how fast this is going?
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your MFM appointment went well and that Beanie is measuring right on track! :)
ReplyDelete