Friday, December 21, 2012

Break Time

As of four hours ago, I am on holiday break from work until Jan 2.

I have been looking forward to it. This is my first extended break in a year. I have taken 1-2 days here and there for doctors appts and procedures which really does not cut it. Therefore, having an entire 10 days off is exciting.

Tomorrow I need to buckle down and finish my Christmas shopping. I have bought all the main gifts but still need a few things, plus lots of Christmas bags to put the gifts in.

Then I need to brave the grocery store to buy ingredients for my Christmas Day brunch which I host in my house.

Today I spent my lunch hour organizing my TTC related paperwork. By the end of it I was looking at this pile of papers on my HSG's, myomectomy, blood tests, and IUI/IVF protocols from over the years and it seemed such a small pile when compared to the enormous emotional, physical and mental toll of those cycles. 

My plan for this coming week is to really buckle down and get work done around the house, areas that have been left neglected and where things have piled up, including spending an afternoon going through my closet and getting rid of stuff. 

I feel that this break is my one opportunity to get on top of things, plus figure out how to reorganize the rooms, so I can have a workplace, given the study will eventually become the baby's room.  I would rather not have my office in my bedroom, even though there is adequate space there. Since I work from home, my bedroom is the one place that is completely "workfree" and I would prefer to keep it that way if possible.

Hopefully I actually do all this and don't just laze around and waste time. I am known for making all sorts of plans and doing nothing!!!

3 comments:

  1. A break is good. Try to relax too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Evelyn that you need to relax also. You've been under enough stress that you need to really be good to yourself. Over Break, I need to organize all the medical bills so it is easier when tax time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking some time to relax is always a good thing. I too work from home but at less of a demand as your job. I'm working from the office which will someday be the baby's room too. Just mentioned to my husband about how things in this room will hopefully be removed from here by this time next year.

    ReplyDelete