Vegetarians and healthy eaters may want to stop reading now!!!
Today I introduced Beanie to my fav fast food sandwich - the McRib!
The first time I had it was many years ago.
My Dad, Sis and I were stuck in Frankfurt airport. We had lost a suitcase on the first leg of a really long journey, and our next flight had been cancelled. We were travelling stand-by so no free hotel either. We were tired, irritable and hungry and we walked into the airport McDonalds for an early dinner.
That is where I first saw the McRib!
It looked appetizing in the overhead pictures, and it did not disappoint. So I will always have good memories of that warm yummy sandwich after a long, tiring and frustrating day.
So whenever the McRib is offered on the McDonald menu, usually 1-2 times a year, I do make the effort to get myself one. The other day while at WalMart I saw the advertisement for it, so today I decided to introduce Beanie to it to.
We had a really light breakfast this morning since I had an OB appt. and by 12pm I was hungry. It was pouring rain but the urge was strong, so I got in my car and 30 min later was back home with my McRib.
It was as yummy as always. I don't even want to think about what mystery meat it is (please dont tell me), but for something I eat 1-2 times a year I am sure its fine.
Beanie liked it too I think.
So to pay for my luncheon " fast food sins" and guilt, for dinner tonight I made baked tilapia with pineapple salsa and quinoa. Yummy....but I will be hungry again in an hour!
A very smart person told me recently "everything in moderation". I'm sure a McRib is perfectly alright a couple times a year.
ReplyDeleteLOL! I like this! Glad you enjoyed! The worse thing to happen to me was when McDonalds made the calories known on the Big Mac...I LOVE the Big Mac but can no longer enjoy it in my ignorant bliss of, "it can't be THAT bad"! I do indulge once or twice a year tho!!
ReplyDeleteThat's funny! Incidentally, I was passing McDonald with a couple of friends and we started talking about the items that vanished from McDonald and off course the McRib was one of them.
ReplyDeleteI've had that sandwich a few times too and always loved it. Haven't been to a Mcdonalds in years though so I have no clue what is on their menu.
ReplyDelete