Monday, December 24, 2012

Happy Holidays!

Wishing all my blogger friends a very Happy Holiday season. Hope you spend the next couple of days with friends and family and get to enjoy the season.

I woke up this morning to read about severe weather threats and possible tornadoes in our area over the next two days - ugh!  That is scary. Regardless its going to be really wet, so glad I got most of my food shopping done on Sat.

This week has been all about telling friends and family about my pregnancy.

My Mom told her colleagues at work, I know most of them well. They were all very happy and supportive. Her boss immediately sent me some really cute baby outfits which I thought was super nice.

I also told my next door neighbor yesterday when I went over to drop off the Christmas gift. I have been creeping around in loose clothing the past few months so she was completely surprised and so very happy for me.  She did ask a lot of questions about the procedure and how I chose the donor etc. But they were not nosy questions and I answered her appropriately. 

I have held off on giving regular updates on my pregnancy but thought I would in today's post:

I am 24+ weeks along and have gained 14.5 lbs so far which appears to be fine. The nurse was happy with it at my OB appt last week where she measured my belly.  My meals are basically the same as before, maybe only fractionally larger in quantity. I am hungry a lot more so I tend to snack every 2 hours but try to keep it to nuts, smoothies, fruit, wheat toast, etc.

Cravings:  None that have me running to the store at the dead of night. I have recently been wanting chocolate walnut brownies, but I have not given into it. I just satisfy myself with a small piece of Dove chocolate if needed. The one weird thing I have been craving is champagne - no idea why, but yes if there is anything I could have it would be that ;-)  It does not help that I have a bottle chilling in the fridge for brunch tomorrow. Guess I will have to satisfy myself with plain ole apple cider.

Mood Swings:  I have not had any emotional mood swings and am pretty even keeled mood-wise. Plus being alone who can I really get moody with, right? Maybe if I had a significant other it would have manifested itself, but then again I never really got all emotional or moody on the IVF meds either so maybe its just how my body handles the hormones.

Clothes: I am wearing maternity pants when I go out, but can still fit into some of my looser non-maternity tops but the options are getting fewer and fewer. I can still wear my old sweatpants at home but just need to keep the band below my belly.

Symptoms: In terms of symptoms the one I have been having the hardest time with (no pun intended) is regularity. I am not used to it and its been a pain in the a** literally.  Last Sunday out of desperation I bought prune juice and it really helped. It does make me bloated, but in a pinch its a good option. I have been feeling so much better the past few days.

The other symptom I have had for quite a while is pregnancy rhinitis. So basically blocked/stuffy nose. Now with the temps dropping and heating being on on the house its getting worse. I have had some minor nose bleeds too.

My boobs are not sore most days. They are not much bigger (sadly) but I did need to add an extension strap to the back since they were getting tight across my chest. I have bought a few new bras which I will need to start wearing soon. I don't want to invest too much in bras since I have no idea how much larger they will get. I hate bra shopping even normally, so that has been not an enjoyable task.

Exercise: I am still exercising regularly, mainly walking and some yoga stretches in the mornings. I have not gone back to my Sat yoga classes yet, and I doubt I will. I think just doing my own practice at home with DVDs is working out fine. With it now getting cold and dark I need to really push myself to get out there.

Other: The best thing about the pregnancy related symptoms is that my hair which has always been something I disliked about myself has been looking phenomenal. Its less frizzy and softer and falls really nicely, so I am enjoying have a head of hair that I actually like.


4 comments: