Saturday, March 4, 2023

Things breaking down....

 Its been a crazy couple of weeks ....

Two weeks ago our golf cart died in the middle of the path. Had to get it towed home and then taken to the shop. I was hoping the batteries did not need replacing - I did that 2 years ago since I was not putting water in it so they died. This time I have been really good about checking the water, thankfully it only needed a jump start, but also new wheels.

Next, my car needed an oil change so I got that done, Then 5 days later, on Tue this week, the "low tire pressure" light came on. I got the pressure checked at the place I get air filled. The guy said it was fine and reset the TPMS or whatever its called. Then Thurs, when dropping Beanie to school, it came back on AGAIN.  This time I took it back to where I had the oil change done. I was there at 7:30am when they opened. They were very accomodating and took the car in. The place is a 10 min walk from my home.  Instead of waiting for an hour, I walked backhom, ate some breakfast and got a call an hour later to say there was a big screw in the rear tire which they removed and fixed. I was impressed with how quickly they accomodated my request and relieved that it was nothing more complicated. Still it threw my morning routine off since I was planning to get groecerties and run errands before work.

Then Thursday evening, my dryer stops mid-cycle. So, now I have the dryer repair guy coming on Tue. I hope its just the thermal fuse...but we shall see. My washer/dryer are very old. I bought them off the lady who sold me the house, and I have had the house since 2007!!  So, they are close to EOL.  But its bad timing since we are leaving on a trip next Sunday and I really don't have time to replace it.  I will need to take pou clothes to my Mom's place to dry or air dry them indoors. 

Crazy!!

Its also been busy otherwise. I had some appts for my Mom - post office, doctor. Then last night there was a dance party at Beanie's school.

Today we had Science Olympiad, so had to get up very early to get there. We did not wait until the end. Instead, we came back once her event was over around 1pm,

I was so tired when I got home that I flopped into bed and took a long nap!

Hope to get some relaxation in tomorrow.....before another crazy week.


4 comments:

  1. Lots and lots happening! Sorry for breakdowns! Dance πŸ’ƒ party sounds fun! Here’s to resting today. πŸ›‹️ πŸ“– πŸ“Ί

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was from Kristina (and Ellie). We had snow here today! ⛄️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow. Ellie must have loved it...was it her first time seeing snow?

      Delete
    2. No she’s played in it a few times now. A couple years ago we had a big snow and that was her first real experience. She loves it!

      Delete