Sunday, March 26, 2023

Happy 10th Birthday!!

 Happy 10th birthday, Beanie, and welcome to the double digits!!

Ihe past few weeks have been a whirlwind of celebrations. It started with the DisneyWorld trip on the 12th which was your main birthday present for Mama. 

Then this weekend was spent celebrating with frinds and family. 

Yesterday, two of your best friends come for a sleepover. This was the first time we had a sleepover at our home. They came at 4pm and were joined by your friends from our neighbourhood. You all had a fun time plaiying outside and indoors.  You ate pizza and juice on the back porch. Luckily it had rained in the morning and it had cleared out the yellow pollen,

After playing for a bit after dinner, we had cake. Then the neighborhood kids left and you and your friends opened gifts. Then you set up your sleeping bags and came down to watch Tangled and ate popcorn and had hot chocolate. 

You played some more...and then tried to sleep but were too excited. At 11:30pm you all came down and had some food since you were hungry and we all played board games until midnight - so could wish you a Happy Bithday.

You and your friends whent back up and played Sleeping Queens. I could hear all chatting until past 1am !!!  

We had some early morning thunderstorms, so you awoke at 6am.  I went back to sleep until you woke me at 7am.

I made you a nice breakfast of cinnamom rolls, fruit, sausage, bacon, croissnats and orange jouce. You all ate well and the played. I joined in later for some hide and seek. It was fun!

Your friends left at 11am. We tidied up the house and read all the text messages you got from family and friends from around the world.

I made you take a rest at about 2:30pm. You said you were not tired but you took a nice long nap which was great since we had more fun plans in the evening.

A friend dropped by at about 5pm to give you a gift and you played with her a bit. Then your Aunt and Grammy and cousin and her fiance came by. The grown ups did a champagne toast and you had apple juice. You opened your gifts which were a beautiful pink cowboy hat, a butterly necklace,some clothes, money ($$$) and a fun day of painting planned with you cousin, Lulu.

We went to a Mexican restarant for dinner. Your Uncle joined us there and we had a fun dinner. The restaurant knew it was your birthday since you were wearing a pretty dress and a tiara. They came and sang Happy Birthday and gave you a free dessert.

Now you are home and fast alseep. You kept telling me it was the best birthday ever!

You are such a sweet, smart, responsible girl. You amaze me everyday with your humor, your kindness and creativity.

I am so blessed to be your Mama.

I love you, my sweet girl. I wish you happiness and laughter always.

No comments:

Post a Comment