Beaine fell off her horse today while attempting a small jump.
Thankfully she is fine and got back on the horse, much to her credit. I am so proud of her. But I was freaked out inwardly when she fell.
The other girl fell earlier in the lessson, so it was not such a great evening.
We returned to lessons after a 4 week hiatis, due to trainer being out of town, rain, Beanie being sick and last Friday we were out of town. I really did not think she should have attempted the jump, but the trainer felt she could. Overall, Beanie did a great job despite having not been riding for a month.
In other news....we had a really nice TG break. I took the week off from work.
We spent the first weekend at my sister's lake house. It was fun and realxing. It was my neice's birthday so she and her finace were there as well.
On Tue, I did a massive clean out of my closet. Its been long over due and I decided its about time I used my vacation days to actually catch up on MY pending stuff. Beanie helped and after we were done, I dropped it off for donation. No chance for second thoughts!!
We did our TG dinner due to everyones schedules. It was hosted by my sis as usual. It was a fun evening with good food and board games.
On Thursday - TG - I took Beanie and my Mom to a Xmas light show about an hour away. My Mom and I had visited there, long ago, when my niece and nephew were Beanie's age.
I have been wanting to take Beanie there for years!!
But by the time the XMas holidays roll around we are always too busy, or the weather is too cold, etc so we never managed to do it. This time I figured it may be better to book it early in the season. They had avaliblity on TG day and I grabbed it; It was super fun. The weather was perfect - cool enough that one needed jackets and enjoy hot chocolate, but nice enough that we could walk around and not be frozen. Beanie loved the "fancy" hotel, and the breakfast buffet the next morning was amazing.
Now that Beanie is older, I am trying to do more experinces, rather than buying her toys and stuff. I think she appreciates it.
This weekend we are going to see a musical at our local theatre. We will be accompanied by my friend. Usually our live theatre shows are strictly "Beanie and Mummy only" evenings. We dress "fancy" and get dinner and then see the 7pm show. But my friend wanted to see it (its a kids musicial) and Beanie has not met my friend in a while, so we agreed that we will have her join us.
..and.....drumroll please....
For Xmas I bough Beanie and myself tickets to see Wicked!
I am so excited!
I have been wanting to see it for years and looked up the tix just last month on a whim, but they were so expensive. I was chatting with my neighbor about the fact that they make these shows out of reach for families.
Then coincidentally, on Black Monday, I saw a pesale email invite for Wicked.
I clicked the link and before I knew it I was buying tickets for Beanie and I (and parking ad ticket insurance)...all before 6:15am!! I am usually not very impulsive but it was a great deal and we got nice seats.
Next week its Winer Chorus, pics with Santa....gift shopping...busy time.
Hope you all are doing well and Happy Holidays!
Your thanksgiving sounds fun! Yay for Wicked! Happy Holidays to you and Beanie! Experiences are the best gifts, I think. 🌲 🎁
ReplyDeleteThis is Kristina :)
Delete