Its 3 years today since I lost my Dad.
I miss him every single day.
I miss his voice and his smile.
I miss being able to call him for advice.
I miss seeing him coming to my place with his bag of tools to fix small things around the house.
I miss his phone calls. He would always say "Hi Gee.. its Dad" that was his nick name for me.
I miss driving with him to get take out and chatting about all sorts of things.
My last good conversation with him was 12/7, a week before he went into the hospital.
We drove together to pick up Panda.Express dinner (his favorite). It was a Friday and Beanie was having her evening with Grammy Grandpa. For some reason that evening as we drove, I told him how much I loved him, I told him want a wonderful a Dad he was and what a good role model he was to us. I am so glad I did, because I never got to say that to him again, at least not while he could respond back.
The following Thursday 12/13 was the last time I saw my Dad as he used to be. Walking, talking.
I took him to the doctor since he was beginning to have some shortness of breath. I remember sitting with him and my Mom waiting to get an xRay. I was getting antsy since I had a company-wide meeting to attend - there had been some layoffs that morning. My Dad offered to drive back so I could take the call in the car - typical Dad, always putting us first.
That evening he was diagnosed with pneumonia.
By Mon 12/17, he was in bad shape. My Mom told us he had a bad night on Sunday, but since he had a scheduled Dr appt the next morning, he waved off her request to go to the ER. When his oncologist saw him the next day, my Dad was very out of breath and he was immediately admitted. I was supposed to take him that day, but Beanie got sick with the flu that Friday so I was taking her to the pediatrician.
My dad was admitted on 12/17.
On 12/20 he was put on life support and he passed on 12/28 after he was taken off it.
I pray he is at peace.
I know he is watching over me and Beanie.
I know Beanie misses him too. A few months ago I found a note she had written to him telling him about our new cat and how much she misses him.
I can never forget how awful it was telling her that evening, and how much she cried.
Its been a tough day, but after the sadness and tears that today brings, we will move on.
Our best tribute tribute to my Dad is for us to be happy.
I love you Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment