Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year!

I think like most of the world, I was hoping that we would begin 2022 with COVID in our rear view mirror. 

Instead we get the Omicron curveball.

I feel we are back to Square 1.  I feel just as anxious as I did a year ago. Being vaxxed and boosted does not seem adequate now. Not sure where this is all headed, but I hope 2022 brings some joy and peace. 

Despite all my misgivings, we had a nice and quiet NYE. Beanie convinced my Mom to spend the night which was fun. 

 We got take out, watched The Christmas Chronicles movie.  After the movie we took a break and played some board games.  Then we had dessert and watched The Christmas Chronicles Part 2 movie. By then it was 11:30 and we watched TV and the ball drop at midnight. 

Its been some years since my Mom stayed up till midnight, and it was nice having her with us. Some folks across the street where doing fireworks so we watched those as well. This morning I cooked us a nice "fancy" breakfast as Beanie called it. Overall it was a nice evening and day.

My office is closed on Monday. so looking forward to a quite weekend. 

We have an indoor bowling birthday party to attend tomorrow. It is the boy who sits next to Beanie in class. I am not too thrilled about going to an indoor event, given everyone will likely be maskless. But since it is her seat-mate, I don't want to cancel.  We will wear masks and play it by ear, maybe leave early.


No comments:

Post a Comment