Beanie got her second COVOD shot this morning. She is doing well, except for some soreness in her arm. She had two play dates today so its been s busy day for her. I am relieved that she is now immunized, although with Omicron everything is up in the air.
Heard Israel is now giving 4th shots --will this ever end??
We are ready for Christmas. I got started early this season with purchasing gifts so its been less stressful. A coupe of years ago after my Dad passed, we simplified our celebration to only include gifts for the 3 kids - my sisters 2 adults' kids (+ significant others) and Beanie, which makes it a LOT easer for everyone. We have delivered our cards and gifts to our neighbors and all of Beanie's MANY friends :-)
We will have Christmas Eve at my sister's place. It will be my sis, her hubby, her daughter + fiancé, my Mom, Beanie and I. My sister's son + GF will not be here. They visited earlier in the year. We missed TG due to Beanie being sick so crossing my fingers we have a good Christmas. Its a tough season for us since my Dad was sick during this time in 2018.
Sadly my very sweet 84 year old neighbor passed away a few days ago. She was the sweetest lady, very active, always smiling. I loved chatting with her at the mailbox and waving to her as she drove in and out. We did Christmas gift exchanges each year. She remembered Beanie's birthday every year and would give her a present. The last time I spoke with her was mid-Oct. She was excited to attend the wedding of her grandson. She told me she would be away for a couple of days and to keep an eye on the house. I did not see her after and soon noticed some cars in her driveway and was wondering if maybe she was ill. I met her daughter a few days later and she confirmed her Mom was sick with pancreatitis and there was no chance of recovering. For the next 6 weeks we saw nurses and home health care come in and out...it was very sad.
One day, after I learned of her illness but before she got really sick, my neighbor saw me and Beanie. I waved at her. She called me asking that if Beanie was playing with her friends, could I come over to her house? He daughter was staying with her but was not due to be there for about 30 min. I could sense she wanted company, but she did not want Beanie to come in and hear the conversation. Unfortunately, I had no where to leave Beanie so I missed the opportunity to visit her, but we spoke on the phone. I wish I could have met her and given her a hug and told her how much she was loved.
She will be missed. Beanie was so sad to hear of her passing. I went to the memorial today. We are lucky to have known Ms. Jan. The angel suncatcher she gave us one Christmas hangs in Beanie's room. We will always remember her. RIP Jan.
No comments:
Post a Comment