Friday, December 3, 2021

First shot

Beanie got her first COVID shot on Wed. She did well, except for some soreness in her arm which is totally fine today.

One of her school friends got the jab a couple of weeks ago, and Beanie's BFF is getting her jab tomorrow. I am happy that all 3 girls will have had their shots. One of her neighborhood friend got hers too and is getting her second dose next week.

I was very nervous about Beanie getting the shot. 

I knew I wanted her too get it. Especially on TG day while we were waiting for her COVID test, and she was coughing so badly, I knew I needed to get her immunized ASAP.

However, as Wed approached I started to get worried. I scoured the Internet for information, discussions, medical articles, etc, trying to find how many kids 5-11 yrs had been vaccinated. All the articles were old and I could not find any new data. I found out today that ~ 4million kids have been vaccinated so far.

I did not let any of my own nervousness pass on to Beanie. 

She was SUPER excited to get her shot. Especially since she got the LOL Surprise Advent Calendar that she had been wanting AND was going to get ice cream after the shot!

Our appt was at 4:30pm at our pediatrician's office. We got there a bit early and did not have to wait long. 

When the nurse came in I told her "This may sound silly but can  you please confirm this is Pfizer 5-11 year old shot, with the ORANGE cap?" She said, "Yes".  

Then I asked. "And its properly diluted correct?. She nodded and said, Yes". 

I could see she was smiling beneath her mask. I laughed awkwardly and said ."Thanks! Its just one reads all these stories in the news....so wanted to make sure".  

We waited 30 min  -- an extra 10 since we carry an Epipen for her allergy  -- and I read it should be an extra 10 minutes for such cases. Beanie did great.

Next shot is on 22nd.

I have my booster on Wed. I was unwell the day after my second Moderna shot, so hoping I don't have ay issues with the 3rd.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, great job, Beanie! Sounds understandably stressful, but glad it went well and you got through it. That’s awesome her friends got them, too. 👍🏼

    ReplyDelete