Sunday, July 17, 2016

Summer Break Recap

Summer break is over!

Beanie is not ready to go back to school, so I expect some drama in the morning.

She had a fun 2 weeks off. I blogged about the July 4th weekend which was a lot of fun with parties and parade. That week she was home with my Mom while I worked.

The past week I had taken PTO so we were able to get some good 1-1 time, and I think we managed to do all the main things she enjoys, so here goes:

  • Mall and carousal - check
  • Indoor playground - check
  • "Swinging park" aka park with swings - check, check
  • Blueberry picking - check
  • Library visits - check, check
  • Eating out - multiple checks
  • Sleepover at Grandparents - check, check (twice!!)
  • Visiting a new grocery store that recently opened - check 
  • Ice cream - several checks!
The best thing about this age is that even running errands is a fun "outing" for her. She loves being out and about so a quick Tar.get run or grocery shopping is equally enjoyable as is something more elaborate. We stayed close to home this time around. We did not venture into the city - e.g. IKEA or do anything else out there. She has enjoyed the wading pool in the back deck as well.
 
By some miracle, I managed to get several items off my "to do" list as well, so I am happy about that:
  • Beanie passport - check
  • Upgrade home security system - check
  • Drop off summer clothes for consignment - check
  • Bag clothes for donation - check
  • Fix light in laundry room - check
  • Do yardwork - check
  • Clean our freezer and fridge - check

All in all it was a fun and productive break. I did end up working every day for a few hours so not a real "break" but that is okay.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of fun stuff!! (And some useful stuff!) Glad you guys had a good break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did the first day back to school go? You go girl! regarding all the activities and chores you've accomplished. I know what you mean about an errand being an adventure; I actually felt that way with boyfriends in the past when we were in a good place. We could have fun and laugh wherever we were.

    ReplyDelete