Friday, July 1, 2016

Bullet post

  • Beanie has been loving swim class, but its now over. This week was her last class since the instructor doing the classes has some online courses she needs to focus on. Beanie loved the water so I will see if I can get some other private lessons for her. I do not think she will enjoy a group class.
  • I have been trying to be productive and get things done that have been sitting on the sidelines for months/years. In fact I ended up taking two days off this week so I could get caught up, and I think I was fairly successful.
  • Yesterday I went to a local laundromat to get some comforters washed. One of the comforters has been in my guest room for a long time, rarely used, but I wanted it cleaned. Felt like a huge accomplishment. The place was affordable and had good WiFi so now I can go there and work if I have other big things to wash.
  • I am also updating my home alarm system to include fire and carbon monoxide. While I have both smoke and CO2 detectors, I think it will give me better peace of mind knowing its being automatically monitored. I have a guy coming out to update my system at the end of the month.
  • Beanie is doing well in school. She is hard worker and her teachers are really happy with how much artwork and other stuff she does. Its a Montessori school so she is doing it of her own accord which is awesome.
  • I am getting a passport for Beanie. I was a bit worried since the new rules require a father's name. My Dad printed out some form we thought I had to fill out. But a quick call to the passport office explaining my circumstance was helpful - basically, if there is no fathers name on the birth certificate you don't need to do any paperwork. Hope to get that submitted next week.
  • Finally, its 2 weeks vacation for Beanie....which translates to lots of work for Mommy - lol!
  • We have been invited to a play date and watching the 4th July parade on Monday, It should be fun. I have never been to a 4th July parade (ever!) so I am excited!

Hope you all are having a good summer!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hope the parade is fun! I've never been to one either - plans for next year. :)

    Finn did great with group swim lessons for a while but he's signed up for private lessons later in the summer. Glad to know Beanie enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete