Sunday, July 10, 2016

By myself....

Beanie is having a sleepover at my parent's house. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am that she is old enough to do so.  I need a night every couple of months to just "reset". 

I have been very overwhelmed the past month.

I am trying to accomplish things but that creates more work sometimes. I pretty much cannot get anything done with Beanie at home, so weekdays are filled with work + cleaning, groceries, running errands, etc. Everything needs to be crammed into 8 hrs, not to mention cooking dinner in the evening, watering plants and making sure I have Mommy-Beanie play time. By the weekend I am exhausted, and as you SMC's know, weekends are not really rest, its just doing even more stuff.

Basically, I am very sleep deprived. Beanie sleeps through the night, but we co-sleep, which means constantly being kicked by her, or her talking in her sleep, or being restless. My fitbit shows me up 13-21 times a night and I barely get 7 hours sleep if that. It not restful at all and after a few weeks of it, I find myself getting more irritable.

Therefore, my parent's offer of having Beanie over for a sleepover was welcomed with much relief. Beanie had a ton of fun and I got to clean the house from top to bottom (yeah, no rest for the weary), and later treated myself to take-out and had a frozen margarita while enjoying my clean and tidy house.

Now I plan to watch a movie and sleep, in the middle of my bed,  without fear of getting a knee in my kidney :-)

I bet this little interlude will do wonders for me. The house seems so quiet without the constant chatter, and I do miss my little monkey, but sometimes one just needs time to oneself to reset!

I have PTO this week off from work since Beanie is off from school. We will do some fun things.




2 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome. I think I would want more than one of those nights every two months. Sounds like you made good use of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your sleep was heavenly!

    I never had any idea how hard it could be to get things done with kids around before having kids. lol

    ReplyDelete