Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Better

Poor Beanie came down with a tummy bug on Monday night.

She started complaining of a tummy ache at about 12am and had a huge throw up at about 2am. Thankfully most was on her  not all over the bed, but I had to bathe the poor child in the dead of night.

She was not sleeping and was awake all night long.  I was exhausted. I felt so sad since she kept whimpering her tummy hurt and I felt so helpless.  Finally at 4:15am I called the Nurse Line thinking they may have some suggestion for the tummy ache, and she proceed to throw up again. That made her better and by the time the nurse called she had fallen asleep at 5am.

I had not had any sleep at all thus far since she woken up, just as I was settling down for the night. I managed to get a couple of hrs of sleep, before she was up at 7am still complaining of a tummy ache. I had a very important client call at 11am, so I called the pediatrician and booked a 1:30pm appt to have her tummy looked at.

But she was so miserable - kept wandering around whimpering like a little puppy, about her tummy.  I did not think I could keep her like that for 5 hrs, so I decided to take her in ASAP.  It was nearly 9am and I made a 9:40 appt. We were not dressed and had 15min to leave.

I have never got us both dressed and out of the house so fast!!  She had a big throw up in the car. I knew it was coming since she said her tummy hurt. I had given her a tupperware container and covered her with a towel, but she of course did not use the container and had thrown off the towel. So I had a screaming kid, vomit covered, kid the last 10 min of my drive.

Got her cleaned up after we parked. Luckily I carry napkins etc so it was easy enough. also I had the presence of mind to get a change of clothes which we did in the bathroom of the waiting room,

Dr said it was a tummy bug which is going around. We miraculously made it back home at 10:55am, so I could take my 11am call. I put Beanie in front of some cartoons, and my Mom came at about 11:30am after work.

Beanie was better and ate some toast. I ran to the store after my call and got her some jello which she enjoyed. She had a good night - poor baby was exhausted, so was I.

Today she woke up wanting to go to school but I kept her home since she was still on a restricted diet and I wanted to make sure she was okay eating. She was her normal self and seems to be over it.

Hopefully she has a good night and we can  go to school tomorrow.....

3 comments:

  1. Oh no!! I hope she is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Beanie. Urg...sick kids are no fun, especially when you feel so helpless. I'm glad to read she is doing better and hopefully this is behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tummy bugs are the worst - hope she was fully recovered the next day, and you didn't get sick, too.

    ReplyDelete