Monday, December 28, 2015

Its been busy!

Its been a crazy busy holiday season and not without stress.

I am not sure why people call it a "magical" time of the year.  To be honest, I have always found it to be a very stressful time. Perhaps because my work is the craziest this time of the year. This year has been made worse with news that a couple of key people are leaving the company, so that puts additional stress on the remaining employees.  In addition, the shopping for gifts, packing them, delivering them, as well as preparing for some get together is just adding on more layers of crazy.

I honestly cannot wait for the new year and to get back so some semblance of normalcy, I hope.

Beanie has been on break this past week, so have I.

I had hoped that with her being older some of the above activities would be easier, but in fact it was the reverse. So, I have been a bit frustrated just  trying to get things done with a toddler wanting to "help" and as you can imagine, not really helping. But in some sort of crazed way I did manage to get my gifts done and packed. Beanie's gifts took forever to come from Ama.zon (I wish I had signed up for Prime), but I got it in time for opening presents on X'Mas eve.

But in other news Christmas went well. Beanie liked her gifts from me and the family, and she got her Santa gift of a drum set. The next day we did a brunch at our place which was nice.

Due to all the Christmas build up and the constant rain we have had Beanie's vacation has been nowhere near as fun as our TG break. Most of the times it has been hanging out at my parents place while I ran errands or coming shopping with me.  Finally yesterday the sun came out and we went to the park where she had a blast.

I go back to work for a couple of days and then take the rest of the week off. Beanie goes back to school on the 4th.

I hope to do some kid friendly activities (maybe even a play date) with her this week. I feel I have been so preoccupied the last week that I have not paid full attention to her and I just want to fully focus on her with no distractions.

I have managed to do a couple of big "organizing" things so far. One is to tidy up my closet and drop off my clothes at a donation place. That feels like a huge weight lifted, since my closet needed a good purge. And then I just wanted it out of my house. Second, I finally bough a toy chest for Beanie's room to put all her stuffed animals in so the room looks tidier.

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas!

2 comments: