Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Fun

We had a fun Easter today.

If you recall I had to cancel Beanie's 2nd birthday party scheduled for March 21, due to my sickness.

We did a pizza/cake celebration on her actual birthday with just my parents and I. I decorated the house, got balloons, etc, however that day she was coming down with a cold, so it was not very enjoyable seeing her coughing all evening long.

Given all that, I decided to reschedule her party for today since my niece was back home from school this weekend.

Well, it turned out to be a really fun day.

 My parents came at about 11am by which time Beanie had helped me decorate the house with her Curious Geo.rge party supplies. She was so excited all morning. She even got her vacuum to "clean" for the party.

She wore a pretty party dress and we did an Easter egg hunt outside. It was a lot of fun.  She insisted on opening each egg as she found them to eat what was inside. She does not eat candy of any type, so I put some goldfish cookies and some organic P.uffs in them. She really had a lot of fun with it.

My sis and niece arrived at 12pm. My nephew and his girlfriend was unable to make it.

I opened a bottle of champagne for us adults and Beanie opened her presents. She got some really fun things including a beautiful easel from my sis. I was planning to get one for Beanie since she is getting into drawing and coloring.  I cannot wait to set it up for her!!

We had lunch around 12:45pm. I had meatballs in BBQ sauce, cheese pizza, lavash rolls, cucumber sandwiches and chips.  My BIL came over while we were eating and later we cut the cake which was a half-cake from her actual birthday (frozen).  Beanie was practicing blowing the candle all morning and did a really good job (with some help from Mommy of course).

It was a nice relaxed morning and by 2pm everyone left and Beanie was ready for a nap and so was I after the champagne ;-)

I am so glad we got to do a party with the family, after all!


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I can't wait for my little one to be a bit older and enjoy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to reschedule her party! Love the image of her opening each egg as she found it. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, when you get a chance would you send me an email, please? shannonblog@icloud.com :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great day! Glad you got to have the celebration after all

    ReplyDelete