Sunday, April 26, 2015

25 months and no more monthly's?

Just realized today is Beanie's 25 month birthday.

I did not want the date to go unnoticed in my blog but I am thinking that it may be time to say goodbye to the monthly updates. Beanie is busy being a 2 year old - amusing, cute, independent, whiney, maddening all at same time!

The one thing I do want to note is that she is now able to remove her shoes by herself. Its cute since she take one shoe off at a time - careful to put the velcro straps back on the shoe so they are not open - then goes puts it in the correct spot by the door. Then comes back to the stairs, sits down and takes the other shoe off and repeats. I think its the Montessori training. Even when eating she likes to put a mat or napkin under her plate, and dumps the leftover in the trash and puts her plates away - all without me asking her!

 She can also put her shoes on as long as they are ready for her to slide her foot into it. Then she can do the velcro starps.

In other news we are caught in yet another round of sickness - this time a cold from hell. It was Beanie the last weekend with fever etc, this weekend its been me. I have an awful cough that I may need looked into. I am SO TIRED of this never -ending stream of sickness. We were doing really well through until March and since them its been a tummy bug and now this cold.

It does not hep that in my case chronic lack of sleep and general stress probably has my immune system down. I have not had a good night's sleep in over a month. Now that Beanie has been well and sleeping nicely the past few nights I have been up with my sickness. By the time I am okay it will be her turn again and back to sleepless nights :-(

I am so tired of hearing about kids "building up immunity" because if that is the case why am I at 40+ getting sick too!!!!!

My parenst have been amazing this weekend. They took Beanie to their house for a few hours yestearday so I could nap in the morning. Then today they took her out for ice cream and lunch at their place giving me time to drag myself to the store to buy up groceries, run a load of laundry, come home and put away the groceries and cook kale/bean soup for dinner and make myself a sandwhich. By which time I was exhausted!!

I have stocked up on healthy foods and started back on taking Vit D3 which I had taken through my pregnancy and not had a single cold.

I give Beanie multi-vitamin drops which seemed to have really helped the first part of winter.  I also give her probitotics.

Any other tips on building immunity for her and me?

I usually don't get every cold she gets. This time she coughed in my face and I felt the saliva drops all over my nose and mouth so I knew it was a done deal :-(





4 comments:

  1. I give my boys immune gummy vitamins with echinacea/zinc/C. When I feel a cold coming on, I take double the kids dose three times a day the first day, two times the second day and once on the third day. Works for me! So far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're sick again. I give Elena a multivitamin but mostly because all she eats is chicken & pizza!!

    Even though you won't do monthly updates, I sure hope you update frequently! I love hearing about Beanie growing & developing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about Beanie's developments. Even though you won't do monthlys I will surely look forward to some updates. I'm sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for sicknesses. :( I seem to hear it a lot where groups of kids are gathered. I like others suggestions about the immune boosters. Sleep is important I find for me - if I'm run down or stressed, I'm more likely to get something. Glad your parents are helping! Sending care.

    ReplyDelete