Sunday, January 4, 2015

On a high note!

We are ending out winter break on a high note.

This past weekend Beanie and I have done nothing but just hung out together at home or gone over to my parents house. Its been cold and rainy so that added to the general laziness. After all the business of the holidays its been nice to really unwind!

Today we woke at 8:30am and were in PJs until almost 11am and read books after a late breakfast. Later I took her for a walk in the stroller which she enjoyed and so did I given I have not exercised in a while.

I am looking forward to getting back to work. Its been a nice break but now I am eager to get back to my projects. I have also been able to catch up on sleep this past two weeks, with nice long afternoon naps, so unlike last year when I started the year sleep deprived, this time around I am quite refreshed.

Also, I hate to admit, but I am looking forward to Beanie being back in school. Its really tiring keeping a toddler occupied 24/7.  I really have to admire SAHMs who can do it day in and day out. I am so totally unproductive when she is home and have not accomplished much at all outside of taking care of Beanie, this entire time. Not cleaned my closets, not done any yard work, not been able to sort through her old clothes/toys - nothing. So I have a lot to catch up on in Jan.

Overall the time off has been very nice, other than the fact that I was sick the first part of the break. But Beanie has been healthy and happy which is the most important thing. She thoroughly enjoyed Christmas and her gifts and all the "parties".

Now its back to the grind - but I am looking forward to it!

Wonder how Beanie will take to going back to school. She had started fussing a  lot after TG about not wanting to go.....

We shall see.....

3 comments:

  1. I really don't know how SAHMs do it, either. Sometimes it's wonderful, but other times - I'm so glad to be able to leave to go to work! lol This past week sounds lovely for the two of you.

    F's preschool teachers just sent out an email that included we should be prepared for some separation anxiety and tears at dropoff the first week back. I hope both our kids do well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed your time off. I'm not sure you're supposed to get anything done when you take care of a toddler 24/7 ;) I feel lucky when I'm able to squeeze a shower in these days. I hope Beanie's return to school is uneventful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed being home too but like you hardly got any chores I wanted done. It is easier now that Elena is almost 4 but still...

    ReplyDelete