- Second week at Montessori went better than the first. Beanie did not cry on Monday at all during drop off even though I was expecting it. On Tue she actually leaned forward to go to the teacher. Yay! I tried the curb drop off twice. On Wed she was fine while the teacher (a different one that her class teachers) unbuckled her, but started crying when she picked her up. On Friday it was similar, but I could see that by the time they were walking up the driveway she was fine. I am still conflicted about the drop off since I think she is too small right now for it, just seems impersonal. On the other hand, the problem with dropping her in person is that it has to be after 9am, which is late for me and also the class is already settled in and usually music etc has already started. I may just play it by ear and do a combination. She is happy when I pick her up and its cute how all the older kids say bye when she leaves and she waves back. The milk situation seems to have worked itself out. They finally figured out to keep the bottle for the week and dole out a bit each day. So, all in all, it seems to be settling down.
- I had several trees cut down this past Thursday. The Japanese maple in the front and four trees in the back plus some pruning. The front now looks really open and we don't have to brush past the tree with its aphids each time we come up/down the front stairs. The guys were on time, did a good job and were done really fast. They are the same company I have used before for the magnolia and currently use for my lawn service. I decided I do not have time to look for the best quote and they are my "go to" yard service company. Keeping it simple! Next I have to schedule the pine straw - will have them do it even though it will be a lot cheaper to do myself but its a hassle for me. Beanie and I went to the garden store and bought some flowers on Sat which I will plant tomorrow while she is at school.
- We had a fun weekend. It is always busy since staying at home is not an option - we both get bored after a while! There is only so much we can do in the house with the toys and books we have. Beanie is too small to keep busy with coloring, reading a book or watching a cartoon and needs constant supervision which makes it impossible to get anything done. So we go out! On Sat we went to the farmers market with my Mom, and then the garden store. In the evening we went to my parents for tea, and she hung out with my niece and nephew which we really nice. On Fri evening my niece had come over to play with Beanie. After initial drama B settled down so seeing my niece on Sat she felt a lot more comfortable with her. I am so happy that my niece and nephew are making an effort to get to know Beanie, given my sister is not! My niece will come over one afternoon to help me put decals on the wall in Beanie's room.
- Today I took my Dad out to lunch. I wanted to take Beanie, but selfishly decided to go without her so I could eat! My Mom took care of Beanie. It was really nice hanging out with my Dad. He tells me stories of his younger days which I love hearing.
- Earlier today, we were so bored by 10am that we decided to go to Target. My Mom came along since she loves going places. Funny story - I left Mom and B at the entrance area (where they have stuff for $1-$3) to look around while I went to buy items on my list. When I come back to them I see Beanie with two items in her hand - a fuzzy yellow ball, and a fuzzy caterpillar. Both are made of plastic and have these plastic fur type things which are quite cool to ouch. I was amazed since two weeks ago when we were at Target she picked up the EXACT same things. I ended up buying the caterpillar which I returned since its not for her age group, those plastic furry things can be pulled off. But it was amazing that she picked it again. I did not buy it this time. When she was occupied with something else we moved it away and she forgot about it.
- She was so cute at the store. Walking around with her "toys" and dropping the ball and saying "uh oh" and picking it up. She walks in the cutest way imaginable -almost strutting along. Then I saw this toy which you can roll on the ground (it has a handle) and it has these balls that make a popcorn sound, She loved it! She was walking down the aisles pushing the toy looking so adorable. I ended up buying the toy even thought I thought it was a bit overpriced. When we came home B wanted to play with it....guess what? It does not work on my hardwood floors :-( I think it does not have the traction it needs. Poor B was so disappointed. She kept turning it over wondering why it was not "popping". It works on the carpet in the bedroom but she will hardly use it upstairs. I guess I will have to return it. She definitely needs something to push! I have a small light wooden table she likes pushing around, so I will look for a doll stroller for her.
- Oh and in more cuteness, she loves sitting on pasta boxes. I had bought a couple of boxes which I had left on the floor and she decided she likes to sit on them. So darn cute!! She amazes me every single day!
Sunday, June 15, 2014
Week in Bullets
Its been a busy week so I decided to go with bullets:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It sounds like things are going well. I love the popcorn-sounding toy. I've played with those with kids. Weird that it won't work on wood floors.
ReplyDeleteIt is awesome that your niece and nephew are getting to know their cousin. :-)
Sounds like a full and fun week! Your descriptions of Beanie sound so cute and glad you had a nice lunch with your Dad. I know what you mean about that toy not working on smooth floors when they are little - I think maybe not enough pressure and the angle? a stroller sound great and I know from my niece that they have other push toys that make noise and have a few things at their hand level they can play with too.
ReplyDeleteI had one of those popcorn push toys as a kid. Yes, they do work best on carpet!
ReplyDeleteFinn still loves his popcorn push toy - wish I'd kept the one I had as a kid. He uses it as his vacuum cleaner now. LOL
ReplyDeleteCheck out this: http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Deluxe-Chomp-Alligator/dp/B000GZGE3Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403058949&sr=8-1&keywords=chomper+clapper It's relatively expensive, but heavy (and loud) and a huge hit with my nephews and now with Finn. :)
Thanks! That is really cute. I love Melissa and Doug stuff :-)
Delete