Thursday, June 26, 2014

15 Months!

Beanie is 15 months old today and boy, what an amazing age this is!!

She is just too much fun - a handful at times, but so much fun!

She interacts, understands just about everything, has an awesome memory which can be fun to see her recall a game we may have played a few days earlier, but drives me crazy when she remembers where I have hidden stuff, e.g. my cellphone :-)

She is now running and loves playing outdoors. We have a nice size lawn in the front of the house but it is an incline. Little Miss B runs up and down it with no problem. Sometime she will do it 15 times in succession....knocks her right out at bedtime!

Talking of bedtime, things have improved a lot. Ugh hope I don't jinx it, but I am being able to get 6 hrs uninterrupted sleep on several nights a week. That is amazing given I have not slept more than 2 hours at a time for over year!   Most nights she will sleep7-8 hrs, wake at about 4am for some milk and back to sleep until 7 or 7:30am.  So even I can get about 8 hrs a night overall, with a small interruption!!  Usually she will drink her milk while I do a quick diaper change in bed and then she will toss her bottle, or give it to me with a firm "there!" and roll over and sleep. 

We are still co-sleeping but I may have to start getting her into her crib. She moves around the bed at night and I am sometimes squeezed in one corner while she sprawls in the center. Although there is nothing cuter than seeing a baby sleeping - so peaceful!

Food is going well. She is eating many different fruits and veggies. No longer baby food. She like pasta, but ravioli not tomato based anything. Loves her fruit though and bananas in particular. Her protein sources are milk, yogurt, eggs and cheese. She has eaten chicken in ravioli, but I just am unable to cook it such that its soft enough. Yesterday I cooked it in the crock pot in veggie broth and shredded it super small and she liked it. I did try fat free refried beans on toast this week which she liked. I am hoping she is able to eat whole beans soon.  I don't think she likes the texture.

We have still not transitioned to sippy cups, I have spent a  small fortune on them and they all leak, or maybe we don't know how to drink from them. I have tried drinking myself and it still leaks. She will do water in them, but not milk!

She is doing really well in school. And generally getting much more confident around people. She loves shops and goes nuts whenever we go places. She stops when she sees someone walk by, but otherwise has no problem wandering down aisles etc without a backward glance.

She also loves animals a lot. Her favorite shows are Wild Kra.tts and Curious George. She likes the wild animals they show in Wild K.ratts and loves monkeys in general.  I hope to take her to the zoo next month. She does not watch the whole show but just a bit here and there. She also like the Thomas the Train show which my parents record for her. She likes the song and the fact that she has Thomas at home.

She enjoys dancing, playing peek a boo, and pushing her toys around in her doll stroller. I got it yesterday and she is loving it since she had been pushing stuff around so it appeared that she needed something to push. I also bough her a purse shaped like a furry dog so she goes around with her purse and pushing her stroller. Awww....its amazing how gender stuff is so intrinsically ingrained genetically!


She is learning new words. She said "wow" and "house" yesterday. She can also say "yes", "press" and "turtle". The other day she said something that sounded like "its mine!".

She is super fun to cuddle, and is big enough now that one can be less gentle during play. She loves when we play on the bed and I pretend to go grab her - she just giggles and squirms around.

I just adore her laugh!!!!


Happy 15 month baby girl.....you are the light of my life!




5 comments:

  1. This is such a fun age! She sounds like an absolute joy - and hooray for getting sleep.

    We used the Nuby sippy cups - started with the ones with two handles then moved to the ones that have a straw in them, though Finn hates the straw, so we got rid of the straws and he just tilts the cup back to drink (yes, he still uses them, though he can use a regular cup). I did not like the ones that the straw flips down though, I thought those leaked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaawww! I love reading these updates. Beanie is growing up to be an active and creative toddler. So much fun! And yay for you for getting sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy 15 months, baby!! you're doing such a beautiful job, Sunflower, enjoy the day :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sounds like so much fun! & yeah for great sleep!

    ReplyDelete