I started last week completely exhausted and sleep deprived.
Beanie was waking super early, as in 4:30am, and refusing to go back to sleep or taking proper naps. She seemed congested and ended up with pink eye on Monday which caused a lot of additional sleepless nights with multiple night wakings and sitting up with her due to her coughing. Also, it got me back to feeling horribly guilty about sending her to daycare!
So as this weekend approached, I was literally running on fumes. But luckily I have managed to get some much needed R&R.
On Saturday I decided to stay home with Beanie. We played all morning and I napped when she did during the day. The weather was awesome, so we went for a leisurely walk after lunch. I then had a massage,while my Mom came over to watch Beanie and later we went to my parents to hang out in the evening. Beanie enjoyed herself immensely. She slept really well that night and in fact went a whole block of 6 hrs without waking which is rare and woke at 7am on Sunday - amazing!
On Sunday, after a nice hour long nap in the morning (when I snoozed too) we went out to lunch and shopping with my Mom. Beanie was very well behaved during lunch and all smiles and chatting. When we got home and we both took a nap, so I am happy to say that I actually feel rested for a change as I look to anther work week!
In other news, I cannot wait for winter to be over. We really enjoyed this weekend with the mild temperatures and I am looking forward to more walks with Beanie.
My nanny, who just joined about a month ago, is moving away so I have to look for someone else. She feels badly about leaving me in the lurch so is helping introduce me to a friend who also nannies. I will also go back to the website and seek out some of my other choices. Just when we had our routine all set and Beanie has got used to her - ugh!
My heating system downstairs needs to be replaced so that is one big expenditure coming up. Luckily I can do it through home warranty so its not fully OOP which helps.
Beanie is getting so smart. She understands everything. It is amazing how much she has grasped in her little brain. She can now follow complex instructions. This morning she was on the bed playing with my flashlight. At one point she has tossed it aside so I told her "go get the flashlight, Beanie, now turn it off and give to Mommy". That is three actions to be performed, and she did it!!!
More snow/ice is expected this week. Hopefully it will not interfere with our lives too much - did I say I cannot wait for winter to be over??
Sounds like a wonderful weekend - so glad you're feeling rested for a change. Let's hope it continues!
ReplyDeleteThat stinks about the nanny, though. I hope you find someone new that you really like!
I can't wait for Winter to be over either!
ReplyDeleteNice to hear that you were able to catch up on your rest.
ReplyDeleteBeanie is getting so smart. Must be exciting to see all the changes in her!
And I hear you on winter... so ready for all that snow to melt!
Hope the Spring comes soon. Love your updates on bean!
ReplyDeletewow! she is pretty smart and how time is flying by! i hope you get a nice replacement for your nanny. good luck!
ReplyDelete