Sunday, February 23, 2014

Go Canada!

Congratulations, Canada, on the hockey gold medal!


I actually was able to watch the last 20 minutes of the match and I can see why hockey can be fun to watch. Not to mention the cute guys ;-) Beanie sat on my lap during the medal ceremony and was quite intrigued by it all.


I cannot believe its been almost 2 weeks since I posted. Time is flying by with just too much happening.


We had sickness again! A cold for Beanie with one night of high temps. We seem to be at the pediatrician almost every 2 weeks - ugh! I am hoping things improve with Spring since this is driving me bonkers, not to mention its costly to keep paying copays each visit and the worst is watching poor Beanie suffer.


After one night of her hacking all night I decided to pull her out of daycare, but then in talking to everyone it seems it will make no difference. Her pediatrician said that from 6 mos on babies do get a lot of colds and its worse for those in daycare of course, but even at home with them putting everything in their mouth. Now that she has been through the winter I suppose its pointless taking her out now! I am gong to start her on probiotics since she is older now.


She does love it at daycare and can roam free without the million "no's" she gets at home because even though things are baby proofed, she still wants to get to stuff she cannot touch.


She is doing so much more nowadays which I shall save for her monthly birthday post.


Yesterday I went for a facial which was nice, but was feeling unwell since Friday and ended up with a temperature. Its the cold from Beanie, although I am happy to report that even though she has got several colds since Nov, I was able to avoid getting sick for 3 mos.   This time she had slobbered all over her hand and was running it all over my face, but she had a raging fever that night and it was making her laugh, so I let het do it!


What we will do for our babies!


My heating system got installed last week. It had an issue so I had to call them back but its fixed supposedly.


The new nanny starts this week. I am not looking ffd to getting Beanie used to another stranger. She has just got comfortable with the earlier one. Beanie has separation anxiety and my working from home does not help since she will see me and start crying. At daycare she is fine since she does not see me around.


Well hope to get some sleep. Beanie is sleeping better now with the cough gone, but I am up with a dry sore throat.


So it continues....


Need to book a mammogram this week and get my tax papers together. This year I will have an accountant do my taxes since I will have to change my status due to Beanie and I don't want to miss anything.


Oh we did go to Tar.get today and Beanie got to sit on the cart (with our cart cover). She enjoyed the experience!









5 comments:

  1. Sorry you guys haven't been feeling well. We went through a sick weekend last weekend and I hope that's it for the winter. Hope she adjusts well to the new sitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the spring brings good health. I imagine the sun and fresh air does help; I always feel better in the spring and summer.

    I actually set my alarm and got up early to watch hockey (and told my niece she was un-Canadian because she wasn't doing the same). Olympic hockey was fantastic - more skill and less bashing each other into the boards.

    Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you and Beanie have been sick. Like Evelyn said hopefully spring will bring good health. I hope Beanie gets comfortable with the new nanny quickly.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I was happy to see Canada take gold in hockey, but being married to an American makes me feel like an honorary one and I felt bad that the US was shut out. :(

    I hope you and Beanie feel better very soon and that the new nanny works out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, sorry for sicknesses. :( hockey is pretty cool, even though I didn't watch much of it in the Olympics. I was sad the female US hockey team didn't win but was happy for Canadian men too. Canada has tons of great winter sport athletes Canada has tons of great winter sport athletes. Sending lots of good thoughts for the new nanny acclamation. Let us know how it goes

    ReplyDelete