Wednesday, February 26, 2014

11 Months!

Amazing!  I am fast running out of time to call Beanie an infant!


The past month there have been small subtle changes that tell me she is well on her way to toddlerhood.

Here is the list of new things that have occurred the past month:
  • Standing without holding! She is getting better at it and is able to go for almost a minute at a time now. While standing she is usually looking around or dancing etc so her balance is pretty good. Wonder if she will walk by her 1st birthday?
  • Babbling a ton which is so cute. It like she is having a conversation about things and responds so well. Still mainly saying "okay" and "there" which is her favorite word when pointing at things. No mama yet, but lots of "dada" which is what she calls my Dad.
  • She understands all sorts of complex instructions now. She also knows body parts like nose, eyes, and can point to it on my face and her stuffed animals.She tried to put on her own socks yesterday - lol!
  • She is beginning to copy things, so if I clap she does too, or if I touch my head she will touch hers. When I ask her to brush my hair, she will pick up her hairbrush and bring it to my head.The other day I had taken her temperature and put down the thermometer, so she picks it up and raises it to her ear.
  • She has cut her two upper teeth and the one next to it, so three in the past week!
  • She is super cheeky and knows when she is doing something she should not and gives this cute cheeky smile. She is always smiling and laughing which I love!
  • She also sat on her first shopping cart this past weekend!
Food wise we have had no luck the past month with  finger foods or anything other than baby food. I gave her Mum Mums and she just holds it and plays with it. Its amazing, she will put everything in her mouth except food. Her pincer grasp is fine since she can pick up the smallest pieces of lint off the carpet. Well, I guess eventually she will be eating normal food!! I will just keep trying.

Sleep is hit/miss. When she is well we get some good stretches of sleep, but when she is unwell it all gets messed up. I know that when she is ready she will sleep through the night as she did a few weeks ago.

Her morning naps are getting longer and she sometimes drops her afternoon naps which is not the best simply because she cannot go 6 hours without one. The daycare is not good about putting her down for the second nap so its messing up our evening routine a bit, since she naps later at home and dinner gets pushed back. But those are things that come with the territory of daycare I cannot expect them to devote 30 minutes to putting her for a nap. So we manage by her sleeping an hour later in the evenings, which the past few days has been a later wake up in the morning - yippee!!

All in all she is growing and meeting her milestones and is a happy baby which is the most important thing. I cannot believe that this time last year I was 4 weeks away from my c-section!


Happy birthday, my sweet Beanie! I love you so much!

 Looking out of the window!

7 comments:

  1. Great update...Has it already almost been a year!?! How is that possible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Can't believe Beanie will be a year old soon. How time flies! Love the update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so funny how different babies are. I love hearing about other babies Jacob's age to see what they are up to. For example - he loves finger foods and will almost exclusively eat those and hates baby food now - I'm lucky if I can get a few spoonfuls into him. He would waaaay rather eat finger foods (I miss the baby food exclusively stage - I found it easier to feed him). So cute that she is standing and understands things like body parts - we aren't quite there yet. Have fun - it's such a great age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cute Blog! I am happy I found it!
    www.mommy-dreaming.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The past 11 months has flown by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you're watching someone else's life it seems to go by so fast. Hard to believe she'll be one soon. I'll bet she's walking by then.

    ReplyDelete