Thursday, November 22, 2012

Sweet Relief and Being Thankful

Got a call Friday.

Second amnio is normal.

This time they tested 26 cell colonies in 3 cultures, so almost double the 15 tested in the first one.  Of course the nurse took her sweet time telling me the news so I had a knot in my stomach until I heard the words.

Between the two amnios, we have tested 41 cell colonies so I am feeling much more reassured.

Monday was the anatomy scan. My Mom came with me.

The moment we walked in the nurse said "great results on you test" referring to the first amnio. These guys don't know I did the second amnio but based on the first one they are really satisfied that the cells are confined to the placenta.

Everything is looking fine.

Beanie measured a bit ahead at 20w1day even though I was 19w5d and all the parts they looked at were on track.

After the nurse did the ultrasound and measuring of arm/ leg bones, skull, waist circumference etc, the doctor came in.

He looked at the spine to ensure it was developed and skin was closed and measured its thickness. My AFP had come back normal. He looked at her upper lip for cleft palate - none seen. Looked at her kidneys - there were two.

Beanie was being really stubborn throughout and was laying transverse across my belly, face down with her legs tucked under her and refused to roll over.

We tried and tried, no avail.

Then he had me rest on my right side for about 15 min, I had a sweet drink and finally a piece of Dove chocolate and when he came back she had finally moved so he could spend time examining her heart. It looked fine, blood flow etc were as expected.  Also my amniotic fluid level and placental function was normal.

The doctor was smiling throughout and chatting with my Mom and told me to go and enjoy the pregnancy, as did the nurse.

I will be monitored closely for placenta function and baby's growth every 4 weeks.

My Mom and I left feeling so light and happy after the past terrible 6 weeks which has taken a toll on us all.

Thank you for all your prayers, hope, kind words. You all have been such a source of strength for me and I cannot thank you enough.

For now everything looks good and I will focus on the positive and let the worrying go and be thankful.

Happy thanksgiving to you all.

15 comments:

  1. This is such wonderful news! I'm so happy that everything is looking good. :)

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a relief. You must feel like a weight has been lifted. Now you can enjoy your pregnancy. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome news!! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a relief! Another blessing to be thankful for!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing news! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAAAAY!!! So grateful to get this news today! So happy for you!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her? She? So you're having a daughter?

    Regardless, congratulations on the results & I am just so very happy you're babe is doing so well & that weight has been lifted from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What GREAT news! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great that the tests came back normal! I'm so happy for you! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to read that you and your baby will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome news! Now you can really, really enjoy this baby girl!!!!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I havent been around to congratulate you on your BFP! I'm so happy to hear that things are settling. Such great news! Enjoy your pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAAAAAY!!! SO so glad for you. Hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving, and that the rest of this pregnancy will be smooth sailing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an enormous relief, I know! I'm so glad to read the good news!

    ReplyDelete