Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Still here...

...still in limbo....

...still waiting...

My mid-wife did come through for me and I got in to see another MFM doctor and genetic counselor last Tuesday. The GC was very positive and happy with what she was seeing in the amnio results and other labs/ultrasounds thus far. But she did see my concern and was okay with doing another amnio. She did caution me that 15 colonies is the lab standard so not to expect any more.

For anyone keeping count, this was the third invasive procedure in six weeks :-(

The new doctor was very nice and he too felt that the amnio results ruled out any issues in the baby, but they did not fight me on a re-do. They wanted to do a fetal echo, but given I may be paying out of pocket for the visit, I told them to do the bare minimum needed for the amnio and nothing more. So the nurse did not even measure Beanie which was okay by me.

Next week I should get the amnio results, praying its normal, so I can finally get some closure. I also have my big anatomy scan next week so that will also tell us how the baby is developing and if any problems are seen.

Other that this awful trisomy sword hanging over our heads, Beanie and I are doing okay. I have gained 8 lbs so far, and after taking it easy a bit after the amnio I am back to exercising, even venturing back into the woods for daily walks.  Food is more appealing to me and it feels nice to get back to things I used to do. I went for a massage as well a couple of weeks ago.  I am trying to stay positive and not worry for now.

I really hope that by Thanksgiving I have all my answers and can finally embrace this pregnancy. Its been a rough ride since Week 14 :-(

Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement on previous posts.


9 comments:

  1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed tightly for good results from the second amnio and from your anatomy scan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and hoping everythings works out well for you and your bean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been a terrifying ride for you and I'll be really happy for you when you can start enjoying your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're hanging in. Hope your latest results provide you some peace. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping that you get some good news.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hoping that things go well for you and Beanie and that you get good results!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for letting us now how you and Beanie are doing. Everything crossed for you, I like what the doctors are saying about things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just getting caught up on my blog reading after a brief absence. I sure hope that you have some answers by this point?

    ReplyDelete