Thanks for all your comments on my last post.
I am definitely feeling better and was able to enjoy Thanksgiving, although I did a LOT of manual labor, such as, cleaning the house from top to bottom, getting out my Christmas decorations and raking my entire front and back yard. I did it over a couple of days and took breaks, but still was quite back-breaking work. But is done. Yay!
I had a few moments of levity today at my OBs office.
I had gone to take a 1 hour glucose screening test. They wanted me to do one a few weeks back, but with all that was going on I cancelled it. I have family history of late onset diabetes so they are being a bit conservativee and having me take it earlier than normal. I fully expect to fail it, apparently majority of women fail the one-hour test, the more crucial is the 3-hour.
Anywho....
As I was sitting there, after drinking my orange flavoured drink, a sweet old lady came to the waiting room. She smiled as she sat down and asked me a question.
I heard her say "what do you do?"
I was confused wondering why a stranger is asking me what I do for a living, and said "I beg your pardon?"
Then she says "When are you due? (pointing at my belly). I told her, but it was funny since I am still not used to being pregnant and when people ask me questions, it takes me a few seconds to even realize what they are talking about.
Then while I was waiting, the lab technician kept checking with me as to how many minutes were left on the timer they had given me. At one point she popped her head in and asked - "how many". I replied "six".
A clinic administrator was passing by she stopped in her tracks and said "SIX babies???!!!!".
I burst into laughter, and said - no not six babies!! She said she had twins and thought I was expecting six babies.
Really??
Later as I was checking out she passed me again and teased me saying "six babies!"
It was pretty funny!
chortling.
ReplyDeleteOh my that is funny.
Wow! But aren't you glad it's not six babies. :-)
ReplyDeleteGood job getting all that work done! Funny about six babies. :). Did you find out results yet?
ReplyDelete