Ugh - we have been battling back to back sickness with Beanie.
Its the downside I dreaded of being back in school especially since she was virtual all last year and we both had the healthiest year on record - given we went nowhere in 2020.
She first had a sore throat 2 weeks ago. Woke up on Monday morning with the dreaded words - "my throat hurts". I took her to her pediatrician not knowing if it was strep, common cold or COVD. The quick test was negative but they needed to do PCR. In the meantime the cold came in with the runny nose, cough, etc. She was home 3 days waiting for PCR resultsm plus her nose was so runny she could not have gone to school anyway. I think she used up 2 Kleenex boxes a day!
Of course by then I got the bug. The Zicam helped me quite a bit.
Beanie has asthma usually brought on by upper raspatory infections so we had to do the inhalers and she had pretty bad cough, but we were able to control it.
She was back to school for a week, still with some cough and snotty nose. I took this past Mon off since I was so tired and needed to rest and recover myself.
Then yesterday she awoke at 5:30 am and has a big throw up - tummy bug!!
Ugh - took her in again since she was saying her tummy hurt, plus being Sat I preferred to see her Pediatrician and not have to do urgent care. He gave her some Zofran, but she continued to throw up all day - on and off.
She has been good since 8:30pm last night and has had 2 doses of Zofran since so I am hoping its behind her. She ate one pancake and later a scrambled egg, so hopefully she keeps it down. She says she feels great.
She is worried about being able to go trick - or - treating this evening. We will play it by ear. If she is not getting sick and can eat, then we will go for a bit (masked of course). In our area, most people have the candy set outside in baggies, so kids can help themselves.
Tue is a virtual learning day for the school. I may keep her home tomorrow (Mon) so we can get some rest.
I am exhausted, and nervous about getting the bug too.
Sigh!
UPDATE:
Beanie did well all day yesterday, she was eating and back to normal. As such, she was able to go trick-or-treating in the evening. We coincidentally met up with a classmate/friend so the girls had a blast and got a HUGE stash of candy. She was well enough to go to school today which was great.
Maybe it was just our area, but there seemed very few trick or treaters this year. Other than Beanie and her friend, we saw may 3-4 other kids the entire evening. Very odd!
Glad Beanie got to go trick or treating! Sorry for the bugs you got. Hope you both have a nice Thanksgiving. We are just hanging around home with our little family. Maybe watch Thanksgiving specials - when did Beanie start liking those?
ReplyDelete