I got my second Moderna vaccine yesterday at 11am. And now, 30 hrs later, I feel crappy with ALL the side effects.
I felt great all day yesterday. By 10pm my arm was beginning to ache so I took some Tylenol. Slept fitfully and woke at 5am with sore arm and upper back. At 6am, I went downstairs and took my temperature. I did not have any but I was cold and my teeth were chattering. I took some more Tylenol and made some tea. I felt better after an hour, but decided to take the day off anyway. My boss knew I was taking my shot.
Beanie was sweet and did all her assignments independently and attended her Zoom calls. I packed her lunchbox in the morning so she was good to go for lunch.
All day I had body aches (mainly my legs) and feeling chills. Took some more Tylenol at 1:30pm and felt better after.
Then at 6pm..I got a fever of 100.9 !! Took some Ibuprofen since there is only so many Tylenols I can take in 24 hrs. Now its 9pm and I feel the fever has broken for now. Hope it does not come back, Have a headache though.
Ugh....hope I feel better tomorrow. This sucks... but the alternative is worse.
My Mom who is fully vaccinated is spending the night. Gives me so much comfort having another adult in the house.
Update 4/28:
I slept well and woke up feeling back to normal. Had a slight headache in the morning which went away by lunchtime, I do however have a red rash around my vaccine site - its happens with Moderna and is called a COVID arm. Its itchy but manageable. I am glad the vaccine is done. Now I am looking forward to 2 weeks when we can safely re-enter society.
Congratulations! 🎉 The side effects sounded uncomfortable but glad you’re through them now. I’m glad your mom was able to stay with you.
ReplyDelete