The holidays are over, we survived.
Beanie is still on break - until Jan 7 {!). She was supposed to go to winter camp, but I got an email about flu going around right when the break started on Dec 19. I did not feel comfortable sending her and decided to keep her home.
Last year she had already recovered from the flu when she went and with my Dad sick, I did not have a choice. This year we have had a lot of flu going around, with one local school having 100 kids out due to flu and similar illnesses. I did not want to take a chance.
She is older now, so it is not that difficult having her home. I work and she amuses herself. There is a lot of sighing and bored expressions, but she does her math and reading daily and play with her toys. Some days I send her for a few hours to my Moms. She would love to watch My Little Pony all day for 8 hrs, but of course she does not get to do that. I have taken her out to pick up lunch occasionally, just to give her a break. I may take her out to breakfast on Friday.
Overall she has had a good break. I took Dec 22 and 26th off so we got to hang out 1:1 for days. The weather was amazing so we got really lucky. We saw Frozen 2 twice, once during TG break, and again on XMas day. We ate at our fav restaurants, went to the park multiple times, baked cookies and made hot chocolate. We watched several DVDs --Thomas the Tank Engine, The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins.
Last night Beanie stayed up until midnight!!
We went out to dinner and came home to watch Mary Poppins (old one). It was a long movie and got over by 11am. In between we had snacks and hot choco for her (wine for me). Then since we still had an hour to go, we watched some songs from the Sound of Music.
At midnight, we watched the ball drop which she thoroughly enjoyed. It was great to have company. Normally its me watching the ball drop alone and kissing her when she is fast asleep. She was very proud that she stayed up until midnight!!
Hope this year brings peace and good health.
![]() |
| Gifts from Santa under the tree. This year Santa brought a tablet, headphones and an LOL surprise. |
![]() |
| Rock painting kit given by Grammy. |
![]() |
| Watching The Sound of Music! |



Sounds like a fun break! I don’t blame you about keeping her home because of the flu outbreak. Ellie got a cold and I felt that helpless worried feeling for the first time when your kid gets sick. Rock painting sounds super fun! 😊
ReplyDelete