Friday, June 14, 2019

Artist

I have probably mentioned in earlier post that Beanie is very artistically inclined. She is very creative and loves dance, music and art.

Ever since she could hold a brush, her paintings have been really good. I have paintings from when she was 3-4 years on my walls. In Pre-K, her teachers would give me her artwork and tell me to frame them, almost every day! I am running out to space on my walls now.

Having interest in the creative arts myself, it thrills me to see her want to paint, draw, make stories and enjoy going to puppet shows and live theater.

 A few months back, she came home from school and told me her favorite painting is Starry Night by Van Gogh. I cannot tell you how excited that made me since he is my favorite painter. I purchased a print of Sunflowers when I visited the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam years ago, and it is front and enter in our living room. She also told me she likes Kandinsky!

On the last day of Kindergarten, she brought home her artwork, and I was blown away by the vivid color pallete and attention to detail.

The child is truly talented.

Bird 

Beanie's rendition of Van Gogh's Starry Night 

A town with row houses

A pot

Volacano


Self Portrait - love the bow and necklace details

This weekend I plan to take her to my most favorite place in the city - the Museum of Art. They are having a special exhibition on Impressionist paintings, including works by Van Gogh and Monet. I know she will enjoy it.

 I cannot wait to look the masterpieces with my little artist

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those are stunning! Somehow you're going to have to find a way to curate and store all of them once you run out of wall space. :)

    ReplyDelete