With all the stuff going on with my Dad, I have omitted to update you on some other goings-ons.
The most important thing is that I registered Beanie for Kindergarten!
It was a long process. I called the school back in March thinking all I had to do was go there and fill out the forms. No!
They told me I had to go to the county BOE website and pre-register. Then they will send a link for me to fill the application which took about 40min to complete. Then I had to take the supporting paperwork - birth certificate etc - to the BOE office. Then they notify the school. Then you have to take the immunization records to the school nurse.
Whew!
I completed the process by end of March and am now waiting to get the date for the Kindergarten Kinship day where we go to the school and look around. Meeting the teacher occurs close to school start. Beanie is very excited about kindergarten. I am stressed about getting to school on time. Here elementary school begins at 7:40am - yikes!!
I am sure we will come up with a schedule. In the meantime, we are trying to get to the current school earlier, which means setting an alarm - lol, Its good practice! We have been very spoiled in that we have never woken with an alarm, mainly because I work from home I don't have to get somewhere at a specific time. On days where we have an early Dr appt, dentist etc, we do well, so I am sure we will manage.
In other news, I bought a new fridge!
I had an old one that came with the house. A couple of years ago, the compressor started having issues where it would make a big banging sound when it stopped. That went on for a while, although I did some research and found some models I could replace it with. Then about a month ago the compressor got worse, making a horrible rattling sound when it was running. I hoped the home warranty company would say its too old and replace, but they said it can be fixed however, I would have to pay $250 from my pocket.
It was obviously not worth fixing a 19 year old fridge, so suddenly I was in need if a new fridge. I did not know when it would conk out on me.
After a lot of research I picked a reasonably priced stainless steel side by side. I was limited by width and placement since my fridge is next to a wall, so I had to get a 33inch width, which would allow me to open the door. All the really cool fridges are 36 inches, so those were not an option. The guy who came to look at my fridge told me to get a basic fridge, He said he gets a lot of service calls on the high end LG, Samsung ones so to stay away from those.
I was so stressed about the fridge fitting since it was taller then my existing one. Also no store had the actual fridge, so I was buying it blind and had no idea what the finish would be. There are many varieties of stainless. I was able to see a black version at Lo.wes so at least I knew what the inside looked like.
Last Friday the guys came and installed it.
and..
I LOVE it!!
Beanie loves the water feature since she can now get water anytime. I love that too!
Here are some before and after!
I will slowly swap out all my white appliances. My microwave has a crack in the handle. My dishwasher is relatively new but giving me issues. I am getting my model numbers and research done, that way as soon as I see a sale I can buy what I need.
Switching topics - My Dad is doing well. He has completed one chemo session and his second one is on Monday. They are 3 weeks apart. He has been doing radiation daily M-F for 2 weeks and this past Mon the oncologist said they can no longer see the lung tumor, so she was very pleased.
He continues radiation for 4 more weeks, and will have 2 additional chemo which will end by mid June. Then we will have a break for 2 mos at which time they will do another PET scan. His tumor has a genetic mutation which makes him eligible to targeted therapy, so that is encouraging. He is handling it very well. No major side effects so far, except some nausea managed with pills. Of course as the treatment progresses it could change, but its been great for all of our morale to see him normal, eating, driving, etc. My sis is really pitching in and taking him for treatments, we tag team and some days my parents go on their own. I am sick with a cold so I missed taking him on Fri. In fact, my Mom has stayed away from my home since I don't want my Dad getting germs from me.


Congratulations on the new fridge! I know how tough it can be to find the right one when you're limited by space.
ReplyDeleteKindergarten registration sounds like quite the process. I hope you two won't have to adjust too much with that early start time.
Also, I'm glad your dad is doing well.
Yes congrats on the fridge: it's pretty! Glad to hear your dad is doing well and responding to treatment. Wonderful news.
ReplyDelete