Friday, May 18, 2018

Time Vs Money

I cannot believe its been almost a month since I posted.

I have been very busy, bordering on being burnt out to be honest.  Work is has been crazy. On days I have some free time I take my Dad for his daily radiation treatments. I have also been busy with Beanie - swim lessons twice a week, pre-school graduation, Kinship day at her Elementary school, plus this weekend is her dance rehearsal and the actual show on Sunday.

Hopefully next week things will calm down.

My Dad finished his 6 week radiation today, so no daily runs to the hospital. My sis has been helping a lot as well, but I think we are all glad that he does not need to go everyday, including him. He had Chemo#3 on Mon and the last one is after three weeks.

 In addition to all this I had a landscaping project in the front yard that got done this Tue. Looks great. We had a bunch of bushes in the front of the house. Two rows - one of boxwood shaped as squares and a second row of holly or some other very pokey-leaved plant in front, shaped in circles. I never liked them and it was a pain to maintain. Before Beanie, I would trim them myself  - hard work, but they looked great. The last couple of years my yard guy has been doing it. Anyway, the square bushes were getting old and falling apart from behind, so on Tue I got them all pulled out and installed sod. Now it looks really clean and neat.

I love it!! I am looking forward to planting some flowers and will post pics once done.

In other news, and to the title of the post. Beanie's new school has signed up with a company that provides boxed kits for school supplies. This evening I paid the $50 and bought her a kit which will be delivered to school and on her desk when she get there.

I bet its a rip off and I could probably get the stuff for less if I shopped myself, but sometimes time is worth more than money!

3 comments:

  1. Time is definitely money! That sounds super convenient. It may be 10-20 more but isn't an hour or two of your time worth that? I often think about this too when I'm making decisions - the value of time (and also stress/hassle). Wow, Beanie graduated preschool and is starting elementary; exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wanted to say that I'm glad your Dad's treatments are going well and almost over, it sounds like. I imagine that does feel relieving.

      Delete