Friday, October 13, 2017

Reader and School woes

Its been a while since I posted. Here is a quick update:

The biggest thing to document is that Beanie is now reading :-) I am very excited and so is she. She is reading simple beginner books and enjoys it.  I look forward to watching her develop her reading. We go to the library every week (almost!) and we both enjoy it. She picks books she wants me to read to her but now we will look for books she can read herself.

We are looking forward to the Fall. We have picked pumpkins and completed our Fall/Halloween decorations. We picked a costume for Beanie. She wanted to be a princess so we picked a beautiful yellow princess outfit from Wal.Mart.  Neither of us are too familiar with Disney princesses so I had to read the label to see which princess it was - Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Beanie looks adorable in it and is looking forward to wearing it for Halloween.

Over the next few weekend we will do some Fall festivals and go to the farm for a hayride/corn maze. We also plan to see a puppet show in the city with a friend.

Tomorrow I am going to see a play with my neighbor. I am excited for a Mommy afternoon out!

The biggest stress the past few months has been Beanie's school. There have been a lot of issues/changes and the latest is that they plan to close at 3pm instead of 5:30pm!  I usually pick Beanie up at 4:45pm.  The new pick up is in the middle of my workday and I am not sure how that will work out for us.  Beanie is a bit better about watching some TV quietly, but she cannot occupay herself for too long and will interrupt me when I am on calls. It will not be easy. My Mom has offered to come in earlier in the afternoon to help.  My Mom usually comes in at 5pm and stay until about 6:30 allowing me to finish work and cook dinner.  Now she would have to come at no later than 4pm. It will be hard for her to stay that long (I feel guilty) although she would always be there if I needed her.

Next week I am taking Beanie for a "play date" at another pre-school to see how she likes it. Its not Montessori, but I think Beanie has had the advantage of Montessori for 3+ years so she is pretty good in that area.  I will see how she likes this new school and if she does I may move her.  Coincidentally,  all three of Beanie's BFFs left her current school and moved out of state (within a month of each other) due to parent's work. As such, she does not have any close friends left in the school. Many teachers have left as well, so other than the familiarity of the place there is not much holding her there. My Mom works there 2 days a week, and Beanie likes that, so that is the other issue.

We shall see.




1 comment:

  1. Reading is definitely an exciting time, opening up a whole new world's within books. :-) Beanies bell dress sounds so pretty. Sorry about all the preschool changes… Maybe the new one will work out even better, fingers crossed. Moving the end time from 530 to 3 is a huge change and I'm sure you're not alone in that not working for you!

    ReplyDelete