Sunday, October 29, 2017

Toddler no more

Beanie is no longer a toddler!

In the past couple of weeks, I have seen her physically transform into a little girl.

She is taller and leaner.

At first, I thought it was because after wearing dresses all summer, she was in long shirts and pants which may have been accentuating her height.

But no.


Today we went to see a puppet show and met up with a friend and her daughter who is in K, but was in Beanie's school earlier. My friend remarked as well about Beanie looking different and more grown up.

This is one of the most amazing things of motherhood - watching a child grow. I recall couple of years ago, when I first noticed a big change in Beanie. Her face literally changed from baby to toddler overnight.  It was so strange, and I remarked to my Mom - Beanie looks different!

So, now I have a little girl, who is smart and sweet and has an answer for everything.

The other day I was driving and was thinking about something related to work. Beanie was chatting away, so I told her "Sorry Beanie, Mommy is being quiet because I was thinking about something".

She replies - "Mama, I don't think its a good idea to be thinking about anything when driving. You should concentrate so you don't get a bumpity with a car!"

I could not help but laugh and tell her she was absolutely right.


Today when we parked at the puppet show, just as I was getting her out of the car she says "I want to give you a kissy, Mama, for bringing me so far away to see a puppet show."

Melted my heart!!

1 comment:

  1. I've seen that and other kids where they reach a place for they start looking like a kid not a toddler, or just look a little older. She's becoming a Beansprout. 😊

    ReplyDelete