Monday, February 20, 2017

Fun but exhausting weekend!

Its been a fun, albeit exhausting,  4 days!

I took Friday off work because I really needed a mental health day. Work has been very hectic and stressful - never ending issues and getting no support from key teams :-( Everything is much more difficult after our company got bought by a much bigger company, too much red tape and endless layers of personnel make even the most simple tasks into a much bigger deal. Anyway, I took the day off and did not look at my email - all day!  Instead, I booked a massage and did some tidying/organizing and took a nap -bliss!

So by Saturday, I was ready to go!

I have signed up Beanie for dance class again this year, Lets see how long her interest will last. We now go on Sat from 10-11am. I don't like that we have a scheduled activity on Saturday, which means getting up and out of the house by 9:45am, but we did good this week and were not rushing. After dance, we went to lunch and then to the dollar store to pick up some gift bags, and odds and ends. I decided this weekend to try eliminating Beanie's nap. She really resists it and ends up sleeping late at night since she is more rested.

Since we now had the whole afternoon to keep busy, after the dollar store we went to Tar.get and then I decided to surprise her with a trip to Pa.nera Brea.d to get a treat, and coffee for me!  We came home by 2pm and she spent the next 2 hours outside running around the lawn while I sat and watched. The kid has energy!

Yesterday (Sunday) we went to the park, played for an hour+ and then had a picnic lunch. We were ready to leave when when met some of her friends that we do play dates with, so we stayed back and she played for another 2 hours with them, including some time at the library.

Today I took her to another park where she cycled around the lake (.42 miles)  - twice!!  It was fun and at one point she was pedaling so fast I had to jog to keep up. Good exercise for me! We then went for lunch to a pizza place. After lunch we did our weekly groceries, and then drove to the pediatrician since Beanie had rash on the side of her mouth that I wanted looked at. I had been putting hydrocortisone but it was not helping much and I felt it was more a yeasty/fungal thing (due to a bad cold), but did not want to assume that without checking first. After the ped visit we went to Tar.ger (again!) and picked up the anti-fungal cream and then dinner at my parents.

So a very busy weekend!

The downside -- I am wiped out! And I am bummed that my Fit.nit died on me on Friday so I have not been able to count my steps this weekend!

The upside --  Beanie is out within 5 minutes of her head hitting the pillow. Usually it can take up to 45 min or more after lights out.

And the best part - hours upon hours of fun with my daughter!

Priceless!

1 comment:

  1. Lots of activities! It seems really cool that you and Beanie can hang out together now - go to the store, go get treats and coffee etc. sorry work is challenging right now

    ReplyDelete