Sunday, March 12, 2017

Fire meet Fire

As a teenager, I was really into astrology.

I remember purchasing an astrology book and pouring over it in great detail. Reading not just about my sun sign, Leo, but also about the best "love" combination, best "friend" combination, careers, etc. I marked the signs I felt would be my best love match, and ended up marrying one of the most incompatible ones.  Well, the fact that I am now divorced goes to show the astrology was correct.

Given all my interest, it isodd that I never paid much attention to Beanie's zodiac sign.  I guess I have been too busy to really focus on things like that.

Anyway, this weekend was very challenging.

Beanie has a cold so she has been grumpy in general. Add to that, she has decided she does not like wearing long sleeved anything and only wants to wear short sleeves (and shorts).

Um, okay, that was appropriate attire for a few days last week when we had unseasonably high temps, but today was 45 degrees and given she was unwell, it was not a good idea. As a result, the entire weekend was spent with her insisting she wants to wear short sleeves and shorts and me asking her to wear long ones. Now that she is almost 4, she can dress and undress herself so its quite a battle of wits - sigh!

Tonight after what seemed like an exhausting weekend, I googled her sun sign.  I know very odd that I did not know it off the top of my head, but surprise surprise she is an Aries!!

We are both "fire" signs!

I did some obsessive googling and yup...

Aries child is bright, happy, smart, stubborn, bossy, independent, dislikes authority, loves attention...sigh, she sounds just like me as a kid!

I can hear my Mom chuckling away.......

Let the fun begin!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I tried to post a comment but it doesn't look like it went through… I'm a Firesign too exclamation point Sagittarius. I could see what you're saying with the similarities sometimes being challenging but also maybe understanding each other more deeply too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Astrology is so interesting. It really does seem like some signs butt heads or are harder to get along with than others. The opposite is also true, I've found. Virgo is supposed to be one of the best friend/relationship matches for me and 4 of my closest friends have been Virgos. Weird how that works.
    Anyway, I hope you and Beanie don't end up butting heads too often. As Kristina said, maybe it will help you understand each other better.

    ReplyDelete