Last night I was very shocked and saddened to hear of the untimely death of an SMC blogger.
I have been reading her blog for a long time and she was always very regular with comments on my posts. She seemed a lovely person and adored her little girl.
I feel like I have lost a friend, because that is what this community means to me. We do not know each other in real life, or even our names, but we share glimpses into our lives and thoughts through our blogs. Its a window into our souls. We cheer for each other and mourn with each other.
I am very saddened for my blogger "friend" who lost her life so young and will not see her daughter grow up, but I am even more heartbroken for her little girl to not have her Mommy anymore.
This has been my worst fear, ever since Beanie was born - the fear of something happening to me and my baby being left alone. I think about it a lot - morbid I know :-(
I think being an SMC is part of it. Maybe if one has a partner/husband it would make it less of a fear since there is another anchor in the family, but when you are the only parent the responsibility is immense and the fallout of a thing like this is much worse. Also, maybe if the child has siblings it may be easier, but with one child it seems so much worse.
News like this hits close to home - her life was like mine, SMC with one girl, and now its all changed. Its scary and frightening.
I have a family history of heart disease. Two years ago I had some heart palpitations that I got checked out. The cardiologist felt it was hormonal, yet ran a bunch of tests and they were all fine, including a 30 day halter monitor. Last month, I thought it may be good to check in with the cardiologist again since its been a couple of years. My EKG in Sept during my physical was fine, but hearing all this I feel its worth paying the $60 specialist copay to put my mind at ease.
RIP my blogger friend and thank you for sharing your story with me. I pray your little girl grows up surrounded by loved ones. I will miss reading your blog.
I appreciated reading this post and your touching remembrance of her. I shared a link to this post with the private FB group (of mainly SMC bloggers or former bloggers and a couple of married women) I mentioned - I hope that's ok? I think you know most of the women and I feel like we are all sharing in this grieving process. But please let me know if you'd prefer I delete it. Sending care.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the link.
DeleteIt's taken me over a week to be able to process her death enough to be able to write about it. So devastating.
ReplyDelete