Sunday, October 2, 2016

Bullet Post Updates

Its been while. Seems like despite all good intentions I am only managing 2-3 posts a month!  But something is better than nothing right ;-)

. Kitchen remodel is half done. The guys came back 10 days later to put in the remaining cabinets and drawers. Once everything was there I noticed some alignment issues, so they came back out and fixed those. I still have one door that needs adjustment, so need to call them back in. Of course all the money is paid so we shall see how hard it is to get them back.

- I have finally decided on a back splash tile!  The tile guy came last week and we talked a bit about the pattern. Initially I wanted a herringbone pattern using subway tiles but upon considering the additional costs (labor and tile) and looking at the space, I think traditional subway will work better. The tiles are a nice gray with a color gradation so they have lots of character. We have scheduled the work for early Nov - this guy is super busy! In the meantime I am enjoying my counter tops and new cabinets :-)

- The past month was really busy with the kitchen and also doing fun activities on weekends. We had a nice Fire/Police appreciation day on Sept 11 and the annual fall festival the following weekend. Last Sunday, I took Beanie for another puppet show in the city and on Wed we had a play date at our house after school.  Of course add to this, buying fall clothes for Beanie and now preparing for a weekend trip in 2 weeks for an extended family reunion!!

- Beanie is doing well and turned 3 1/2 a few days ago. She is opinionated, strong-willed, talkative, smart. She is also sweet and kind and helpful. We are dealing with some issues, such as, big tantrums and being sassy. Sleep is a HUGE battle. The kid does not want to sleep!! Today she was up for 12 hrs, no nap, and still was not ready for bed. I am hoping with time change we will be sleeping sooner than 9:30pm each night! By then I am so over it that I find myself losing patience and getting snappy :-(

- I feel my house is very cluttered that its bugging me. There is stuff everywhere. Every drawer and cupboard is full and a mess!!  Redoing the kitchen forced me to organize it (still only half done) and now I see there is so much more to organize - and no time to do it given I cannot do much on weekends with Beanie around. In the past I was giving a lot of stuff for consignment, but its a pain since it takes hours to drop of (its a popular place).  Now I think I will get back to donating it all. Only big item such as stroller, crib, etc, I will consign. I also think I will take one area at a time to organize - one drawer or cupboard so I don't feel overwhelmed.

Hope you all have a great week!


1 comment:

  1. Nice to read your update. Your kitchen sounds fabulous! Sounds like Beanie is stretching her independence - that is a developmental job, but it's stressful for parents. One of my nieces just turned four and she's a handful (of course she's kind of been a handful from the beginning :). The family reunion sounds super fun!

    ReplyDelete